we're all here

C H A P T E R F I F T Y - S I X

Nolan couldn't take his eyes off Carter, he was starting to forget how to blink. Scared if he looked away, she'd disappear. He inhaled deeply, Carter's favorite shampoo surrounding him and he relaxed. His arms tightening around her waist.

He was kneeling against the sofa in his living room while Carter slept on the sofa. Curled up in his arms. The position was extremely uncomfortable yet he couldn't move. He rose one hand to run throw Carter's wet hair and sighed, leaning forward to kiss Carter's forehead.

He could still here Rachel sniffling in the corner while William comforted her and he could feel James behind him. His eyes locked on Carter as well. Miles sat next to Carter's feet, his eyes red as well from crying.

He hadn't let Carter go the minute they walked back into the house. Crying over how he loved her so much and he was never leaving her side. Abbie was in the kitchen, while Porter comforted her and Nolan felt slightly guilty. He knew she felt like it was her fault that Carter had gotten kidnapped and he had yet to convince her otherwise.

He would, he will. It was just too early to leave Carter's side.

Landon sighed, moving over towards Nolan, "Nolan, she's ok. I think you need to take a shower as well."

Nolan didn't spare Landon a glance as he shrugged. "I have to stay by Carter's—"

Landon kneel down next to his friend, "We're all here, watching her, ok? I know it's scary but when Carter wakes up, the last think she'll want to see is you still looking like absolute shit."

Nolan nodded, turning to Landon, "You're watching her, right?" Landon smiled, nodding softly to ease the water works.

Nolan nodded again, slowly getting up and making his way towards his bathroom.

<< o >>

All he could hear was her screams. Her crying echoing inside his head and it crushed him. Ever cry cutting him deeper and deeper. She was kidnapped, taken away from him so easily. It made him crazy to think how she'd almost slipped from her fingers.

He didn't even want to think about what would have happened if that Jamie kid hadn't called. It was clear that David had no intention of returning Carter to Nolan and it scared him. To know that hours ago, Carter would have been taken away from him.

And it crushed him even more knowing that when he had found out that she was taken, all he could do was cry. He cried for an hour...

Anything could have happened in an hour.

He was scared and so ashamed of himself for letting Carter get away, even if everything had worked out in his favor.

Sighing, Nolan turned off the tap of the hot water when he started to feel his skin sting at the heat of the water. Stepping out of the shower, Nolan wrapped a towel around his waist and made his way into the bedroom. Quickly pulling on a pair of Nike black sweatpants and a Nike hoddie so he could return to Carter's side.

She was awake when he waked into the living room and was being held tight by Porter and Abbie as they whispered over and over how they were sorry for letting her slip away so easily.

"It wasn't your fault." Nolan whispered, ignoring how everyone in the room jumped. Carter turned towards his father and Nolan was grateful to see her lean into his direction.

Nolan glanced up at his father who was on a call with Alice and he rolled his eyes. He wasn't going to try with his mother again, she clearly didn't give a shit about them. If she did, she would have called Nolan to ask about Carter's well-being.

Noah was talking to James softly and Nolan almost rose an eyebrow at how Noah kept glancing over James body. Shaking his head, he laid a soft kiss against Carter's head and smiled when she turned her head to return the kiss. "I love you to the moon and back, princess." He whispered and tired to remember everything about that moment as Carter mumbled back.

"I love you to the moon and back too, daddy."

<< o >>

It had been weeks since the kidnapping and Nolan still hasn't gotten over his fear of leaving Carter's side. It was starting to annoy Miles to no end as he tried to whisper secrets in Carter's ear. Nolan would always turn his head to hear what they were giggling about and Miles was just about to burst.

This was a Carter-and-Miles-play-date. Not Carter-plus-Nolan-and-Miles-play-date.

Turning to his uncle, Miles frowned, "We want privacy!"

Nolan was taken back by the outburst but didn't hesitate to glare right back at the five year old. "I don't care."

Miles huffed, grabbing Carter's hand and dragging her away. She giggled, squealing when Nolan got up to chase after them and Nolan smiled. Laughing as he chased the two around his apartment until he had Carter thrown over his shoulder and Miles tucked under his armpit.

"Let me go,you grumpy monster!" Miles screeched and Carter giggling when Nolan gasped loudly and started to shake Miles. Loving when Carter would laugh at Miles as he screamed.

"Again! Again!" They screamed, crawling down Nolan's body and taking another trip around the apartment. Chasing after each other when they realized Nolan was done playing.

Nolan settled down on the sofa, ignoring all the social media notifications about Carter's kidnapping and pulled up the email he'd been sent from Landon a few hours ago.

David Mitchell, sentenced to twenty years to life in jail.

Kyle Bennett and Smith Juan, sentenced to twelve years in jail.

Jamie Bennett, sentenced to six years in jail.

Nolan sighed in relief as he scanned over the names he had recognized and smiled softly to himself. Sure, he hated that Jamie had to spend so much time in jail even though he had helped save Carter but nothing could spoil his happiness at knowing that David wouldn't be able to haunt them anymore.

<< o >>

So sorry for the late updates...I'm writing a huge math paper tomorrow and hadn't gotten the time to posting an update.

There will be an update to my updating schedule again...and that's mainly because a few readers of She's my princess' are busy on Sundays.

New updating schedule will be on a Friday and Saturday!

Hope you enjoyed 💛