i don't fucking need this shit right now

C H A P T E R  F O R T Y - N I N E

"I likes this one better." Noah whispered, pointing down at the picture of a dog Carter had colored in. The dog was blue with purples eyes and a yellow tail and Noah cringed at the messy coloring that was over the lines. Carter was still learning so he didn't judge.

Carter pouted, "Milo color that one." Pointing down to a butterfly, "I this one."

Noah's eyes widened, slightly relieved when he saw a neater drawing that was colored behind the lines. There was something wrong with Miles. "Miles colors really messy." Noah said, wrapping an arm around Carter's waist and pulling her closer onto his lap when he felt her slipping off.

Carter nodded, "I think it cute." She whispered, eyes darting behind Noah to see if Nolan was around.

Noah snorted, "Don't worry, angel. Daddy's at work."

Carter nodded, turning to Noah with a giggle when he started to tease her about Miles. "Someone has a crush, huh? You think Miles' is cute? Look at you, blushing."

Carter giggled, swatting Noah's arm, "Stop it! Milo my friend."

Noah cringed, "Oh, friend-zoned."

Carter giggled, "And my husband."

Noah chocked on a laugh, shaking his head when he saw Carter's serious expression, "Congratulations." Noah formwed after, smirking inside when he saw Carter frown as well. "I'm just upset that I didn't get an invitation to the wedding, angel."

Carter shook her head, holing up her hand and placing her index finger slightly above her thumb as if to show Noah how small what she was about to say was. "No, no. Small wedding. Just me and Milo."

Noah nodded, "Daddy wasn't upset that he didn't see his princess get married?"

Carter shook his head, "Daddy angry that Milo called me wife but he going buy me ring!"

Noah nodded, knowing that Nolan has taken the day off today to buy Carter the ring she had been begging for. Sure he hated that it was for her 'marriage' with Milo but he hated to see her upset. Landon had even tagged along with Miles to chose him a ring as well. Maggie even saying that Miles should chose Carter's ring since he was the groom.

Nolan had flipped her off before leaving the house.

It was going to be a small surprise for Carter and Noah was on duty to distract her. Noah had rolled his eyes at the idea, it's not like the surprise was a huge party. It was a little ring Nolan was going to give her but Noah didn't say anything. He knew how important small things were to Nolan when it was about Carter.

"Well, I bet it's going to a very pretty ring."

Carter nodded, smiling, "I can't wait til Daddy take me."

<< o >>

"You're really going to spend this much on a ring for a four-year-old? What if she loses it?"

Nolan shrugged, "Then I'll buy her a new one."

Landon frowned, "That's a lot of money—"