she's crazy about you

C H A P T E R
T H I R T Y - E I G H T

(please read author note at the bottom of chapter. info on my new updating schedule down below!)

It was all over the internet the next morning and Nolan was fuming as he started down at his phone. People going crazy in the comment section on the small article that was posted attached to the picture of his daughter.

Nolan's blood boiling as people criticized his daughter. Saying how she was a spoiled brat.

They didn't even know her and they were judging her.

Carter was asleep in one of the hotel room beds and Nolan sat at the edge of the bed. Noah and Abbie pacing in front of him as they scrolled through messages that were blowing up their phone. Landon sat in the corner, listening as Alice eat his ear off through his cell. Lucas tried to calm William and Rachel down as they glanced nervously from cell phone to cell phone when they buzzed.

"If I read one more fucking comment about my daughter being a spoilt brat, I'm going to break one of these fucking walls." Nolan growled and Abbie gasped, jumping out of the way as his phone came flying her way.

The room fell silent, the only sound coming from Nolan's phone crashing against the wall before a small voice called out. "Daddy, why you break the phone?"

Nolan head snapped towards Carter, who had rolled over in bed to peer up at him and he smiled softly. Nearing her and laying a soft kiss against her forehead, "I'm sorry for waking you, princess. Daddy's just a little stressed."

Lifting her up from her armpits, Nolan sat Carter up and ran his hands over her bushy hair. "Is it about my picture?" Carter asked innocently and slowly pushed herself onto her knees and wrapped her arms around his thick arm.

Nolan chuckled, "Yes, people are very rude and sometimes don't think before they post something."

Carter smiled, "Don't worry, Daddy. I don't care what they say, only Daddy matter."

Nolan's felt his body melt and his heart become putty in Carter hands as he gazed into her innocent eyes and glanced down at her wide smile. "I love you to the moon and back, princess."

Carter giggled, her laughter filling the room and she hide her face in Nolan's arm, blushing as she mumbled it back before her laughter echoed around the room when Nolan rolled her over into his lap, his hands running along her side in a tickling manner until she was twisting, trying to get out of his arms as she screamed.

"Daddy, stop!" The bright smile on her face took away all his worries and the comments of haters was far away from his mind.

<< o >>

"I can't fix the phone but I can get all the data from this phone onto another one." Nolan sighed in relief, pulling a new phone Abbie had gotten him from a close apple store and he laid the iPhone into the counter. The man nodded, picking it up and disappearing around the corner before coming back with a receipt.

"I'll have everything ready for you by the end of the day, you can just pick it up."

"How much?" Nolan mumbled, pulling his wallet from his back pocket only for the man to shake his head.

"I need a favor, my daughter is a big fan and I'm sure a Skype call from you would make her day?" The man hesitantly asked only to sigh in relief when Nolan nodded.

"Sure, man." Nolan would do anything the man wanted, he was going to get back all his data. He hadn't even thought about all the memories of Carter when he had thrown his phone against the hall.

Handing the phone over to Nolan, the man smiled up at Nolan, old eyes bright as Nolan glanced down at the phone.

Nolan placed a bright smile on his face as he took a hold of the phone. He couldn't believe this was his life, a few months ago, Nolan would never have agreed to a video call. Carter tended to do that to him, make him forget everything around him because she was the main priority.

The daughter's faces popped up and Nolan tried to control his flinch as her scream of joy hit him. "Oh my gosh! Nolan Pierce is on my screen. Oh my god! Please wait, I have to record this."

Nolan watched as the screen blurred before looking up at the father who cringed. "She's crazy about you."

Nolan nodded, glancing down at the phone again. Smiling when the girl waved widely, "Hey! I'm so sorry for shouting. I just can't believe you're on my phone."

Nolan chuckled, "Your father is fixing up my phone for me and this is my payment. It was lovely to meet you..." Glancing up at the father, Nolan chuckled as the man mouthed her name while she screamed it into the phone.

"Yes, how are you, Mira?"

"I'm awesome now because Nolan Pierce is Skyping my right now!"

Nolan chuckled, waving when the girl waved again only for the girl to become the last thing he thought about as Carter's voice reached his ears. "Daddy! Daddy! Look what Miles' has!"

In his hurry to give Carter his attention, he didn't notice how he'd shoved the cell into the man's hands before turning to Carter who had her small arm wrapped around Miles longer one. Her fingers pointing exciting towards the new toy car held tightly in Miles' small hand.

Nolan's eyes widened, pretending to be excited about Miles' toy car. His arms swooping down to pick Carter up into his arms and he kissed her cheek, "Where were you, baby? You were gone for quite a while."

Carter giggled, cupping Nolan's cheeks in her hand before leaning forward and rubbing her nose against Nolan's. "I missed you too, Daddy. Lannie buy me a pink car."

Glancing away from Carter, Nolan turned toward Landon who held up the Barbie car, "Tell me why your daughter refused to let me buy her a toy?"

Carter giggled, "Don't need it."

Nolan's heart filled and he smiled fondly down at his daughter, how can anyone say she's spoiled when she's so perfect?

Remembering the video call, Nolan apologized for leaving before bidding his goodbye to the girl. Not caring that in a few hours, the screen recording of that video call would be all over the internet.

<< o >>

Good news and bad news, guys...

Good news...from next week, I'll be updating twice every week! Yay!

Bad news...Updates will only be on a Sunday :(

Hope you enjoyed the small chapter! Sorry for such a late update! Another one coming up in a few hours💛