Morning work

Maddie's P.O.V-

I wake up and look at the time. 11. I was so late. I get up quickly and change into my uniform.

I feed Alfie, my dog. He wasn't awake yet. Like me, he was jet lagged. We had moved from the UK to Australia with my best friend Anna to further our career. We were in a band called 'Unnamed Casualty' and it included Anna playing guitar while singing and I played the drums and sung. I thought we were quite good but we needed a bassist and hopefully, Australia is where we would find one.

I finished feeding Alfie and quickly make my way to the cupcake shop that I worked in. As I enter, my boss shakes his head while looking down at his watch.

"20 Minutes late misses and it's the third time this week"

"I'm sorry! I'm still jet lagged! Give me another chance, please?"

"One last chance Maddie but if you're late again, you'll lose your job"

"I'm so sorry"

"Just get back to work"

"Sure" I walk behind the counter and wait for customers to arrive.

I spot Dorothy who I was friends with and worked with. Her dad owns the shop luckily, otherwise I would've lost my job already. I called her 'red' because she has bright red hair. She called me blue because I had blue dip-dye.

"Hey red"

"What up blue?"

"Not to good, your dad is planning on firing me"

"Don't worry, I won't let him"

"If it wasn't for you, I won't have a job"

"I know" She winked and began to hum as usual, she was really good at singing.

"Hey red, can you play any instruments?"

"Yeah why?"

"Guitar or drums?"

"Neither, I'm a bass player"

"You're in"

"I'm in?"

"I can't believe I didn't think of this before! I'm in a band called unnamed casualty and we need a bass player, care to join us?"

"I'd love to!" 

"Yay!" I say and hug her. 

"Get back to work" She winks and goes back into the kitchen..

I look out the giant window at the front of the shop, I couldn't contain my happiness. I see that the cafe had just opened opposite the shop and I smile, finally this town might actually have a decent coffee shop.

__________________________

Hello!

I hope you like this story! I tried my best haha