22: Saying Goodbye Again

Outside the Palace, Sokka and Aang were preparing to leave. Tu Cho followed the Earth King as he walked down to them. Katara was petting Appa.

Aang turned to face her. "Katara? I need to tell you something... I've been wanting to say it for a long time."

Katara asked, "What is it, Aang?"

Aang rubbed the back of his head. "Katara, I-" He was cut off by Sokka.

Sokka threw Aang in a headlock. "All right. Who's ready to get going on our little men-only man trip?" He noogied Aang. Katara looked at him, annoyed.

Kuei caught thier attention. "Aang and Sokka, I wish you a good journey. Ba Sing Se owes you its thanks. We look forward to your safe return."

Aang, Katara, and Sokka bowed.

Sokka started climbing atop Appa.

"Your majesty," Tu Cho said to catch his attention. She pointed at a young soldier walking up to them.

"Your Majesty." The soldier bowed. "There are three female warriors to see you. They're from the island of Kyoshi."

"That's Suki!" Sokka fell off Appa at Tu Cho's feet as she pulled at the hem of his shirt.

King Kuei was surprised. "You know these warriors?"

Tu Cho helped Sokka up. "You nearly forgot to say goodbye in your excitement."

Sokka rubbed his neck. "Oh yeah." He turned to the King. "The Kyoshi Warriors are a skilled group of fighters. Trustworthy too. They're good friends of ours."

Kuei smiled. "Then we shall welcome them as honored guests."

Tu Cho hugged Sokka and cupped his face. "I know you don't believe me when I tell your fortune but I don't need the sight to tell you this. We won't lose this war." She released his face and moved to join the king again.

Sokka grabbed her arm and pulled her into a tight hug. "Thank you..." He kissed her cheek.

Tu Cho smiled as he released her.

Sokka looked away, crossing his arms like he was embarrassed.

Everyone except Tu Cho went to hug him. "Aahh! Great. That's enough." He smiled. "Okay, we love each other." He patted Aang and Katara on the head. "But seriously..." Everyone let go.

Sokka and Aang bowed to the King and climbed up on Appa's back. Tu Cho waved as they took off.

## Goodbye doesn't have to be goodbye... It can just be see you later. ##
## Rebecca L. Adams ##