01 | Transfer Student

<Juvia>
Ahhhh I'm lost! Come on Juvia! First day and you already screwed up! Ugh, I should of asked for help because I don't know where I am.

Today, is my first day as a freshman, at Magnolia High. Transferring schools is very embarrassing especially during mid-year.
This is my 3rd school so far that I had to transfer to as my parents had to move because of their jobs. Essentially, the motions of moving from town to town is very stressful.

I told my parents I wanted to live on my own this time so that if they intended to move again, I wouldn't need to follow them. Wanting to experience a normal high school life and try to be independent was my overall goal.

It was in my favor that my parents agreed but they said if I couldn't handle it, I had to move back.
Don't mess this up too Juvia.
••••
"Um, can you help me? I'm lost, do you know where class 1-A is located?" I hopelessly asked for directions but they all walked past me like they didn't seems to hear or see me. Maybe if I speak out a bit louder.

"Excus-"

"You need help?"

I turned around to see a boy with dark blue hair, gazing at me. For some reason my heart overwhelmed started stirring.

"Y-yes..." I nodded my head.

"What classroom?" He asked, raising a brow.

"R-room 1-A..." I replied.

"What a coincidence I'm heading there too. I'll take you there." When he smiled as it faintly looked fake. Did I do something?

"T-thank you." I graciously bowed.

"No need to thank me." He said embarrassed. "I'm just surprised that with all the students around, no one helped you."

Well, I was relatively quiet. Even if someone didn't help me, I would of found a staff member to help. Fortunately, a kind person like him was around.
I've been spared the embarrassment.

Peeking over to watch his expression, I was interested in this mask he wore. I don't think he's intentionally trying to fake, but he doesn't seem to be happy.

"Yes?" He caught me staring.

"Sorry, it's nothing. This school is big, isn't it?" I commented while looking around the empty halls.

"I guess it is. The student body is relatively large so you'll make good friends even if your transferring in during the semester."

This time, his words were followed by a sincere smile. I felt at ease and not afraid of him. In that moment, I knew that he had already stole my heart.

However, I felt like I was cheating myself. What did I fall for? Why was I so interested?
•••••••
When we strolled down the halls, I suddenly stopped as a chill ran up my spine. Looking behind me there was no light radiating through this specific hall and with utter darkness, I felt terribly uncomfortable.

Even though I'm not alone, the sudden dark does scare me.

"Hmm? You alright?" He turned around and checked. "Your class is coming up."

"Y-yes..." I ignored my fears that festered and quickly caught up to him.

"Here you are." He walked in first and talked to the man who looked to be the teacher. After a few exchanges, the teacher was much older, brown branching hair and a wrinkling smile.
•••••
"Class, today we have a transfer student joining us. Please introduce yourself to the class."

"Yes, my name is Juvia, Juvia Lockser." I spoke, I hopes that we can get along." These words I really meant, even if I can never reach pure happiness. I wanted to make this high school life count. No more hating myself, no more rejecting who I am.

"You can take a seat next to Levy McGarden. Levy raise your hand." The teacher said.

A girl with blue haired pulled back by an orange head band waved at me.
I walked down and heard snickers and sneers like I was already degraded before I could do anything. Ah...Juvia, maybe they're not laughing at you.

"Hello, my name is Levy Mcgarden." She greeted me with an open hand.

I shook her hand, "Call me Juvia." I said sitting down.

"I saw you from the third floor window, like a lost duckling." She giggled, "I'll show you around later, how about it?"

"Yes, I would love that." My stomach knotting as she had seen my embarrassing actions.

But even so, I did want to make the best of this year. It won't be easy and I know it. However, this time is different right?
Make friends Juvia and don't choose the wrong ones this time. You'll only regret it.