09 | Gloomy

<Juvia>
Ever since this morning, I've been ignored by numerous girls while in homeroom and even in the halls. Practically everywhere I went, they looked at me with scornful expressions.

D-did they actually happen to see what happened yesterday?! I thought no one was around to witness such sights! Or did Gray-sama tell them of my faults and how I ruined him?

"Juvia-chan." Lyon hung around the lockers and waved. "You don't look so good." He titled his head and examined my face.

"Juvia...is not feeling well." I sighed.

"Come with me for a second." Lyon-san held my hand dragged me away from my lockers.

I happened to notice Gray-Sama walking with Natsu and ours eyes met for a brief moment. Until they diverged and despite meeting his gaze, the both of us didn't say anything when we walked passed each other.

"Did something happen between the two of you?" Lyon tapped my shoulder and looked at the two walking farther away from us.

"You could say that..heh." I tried to hide my depression and make sure that I won't worry anyone else. Everything will be okay.

"Ah, J-chan, I won't have time to walk home with you this afternoon." Levy-chan apologized as she saw me when she came out of the classroom. Then she stared at the connecting hands of Lyon and I.

"Lyon-kun, do you mind walking her home for me?" Levy asked making a odd expression.

"Yeah why not." He smiled at me but inching away, his face red.

"Hey... Are you blush-"

Lyon aggressively slapped his hand against Levy's mouth and started to laugh awkwardly. "It's not what you think!"

"Whatever you say." Levy giggled.
•••••
My mind was engrossed with what had happened between Gray-sama and I. I can't get over the fact that I did that to him!

Come on Juvia! It will be fine, just give him some space. However, usually I see Gray-sama multiple times during the school hours. But this time I only saw him once today, he must be avoiding me.

Walking down the halls, I saw a group of girls approaching me with matching caustic expressions. Death and hatred in their eyes. Like tigers. Look away and they'll ignore you Juvia, just don't look into their eyes.

However, ignoring them didn't seem to work either. One of them slammed me into the locker with their body and my back struck the metal locker pretty harshly. Unfortunately, crowds of other students started to accumulate in the process when I collided against the locker loudly. Why is it always me?

"Hey Lockster, you have some nerve to humiliate our precious Gray-kun don't you?" One of the girls glared with malicious intent.

"You think you can walk all over him cause you're cute, is that it? Acting in front of everyone while you hold hands with the guys? We've seen it, you hopping from guy to guy."

I shook my head, "that's not it! You're misunderstanding-"

She brushed up closer to my ear and whispered. "Stop lying. You slutty whore."

She leaned back and crossed her arms.

"Hah! Look at her face!" They started laughing but the others watching, the bystanders kept quiet.

I couldn't move at all, the myriad of memories came surging back to me. The bullying I dealt with in all my years of school. Why couldn't this year be different? Was it because I spoke out, am I supposed to submit defeat and let them walk all over me?

"I'm sorry! Juvia apologizes for making a fool out of Gray-sama. Juvia has done wrong and-"

"You think apologizing so pitifully will do any good?" A girl from the back took out a pair of scissors and aimed the blades at me.

I instantly felt my knees lock and I couldn't move at all. Then I heard screaming.

"N-Natsu-kun!"
The girl dropped her scissors and retreated back.
Looking up, I saw Nastu's back and the blood trickling down from his hand as he tightly gripped the scissor blades beforehand.

"Oi! What the hell do you think you're doing!" His voice roared, echoing through the halls. "You better watch yourselves, I'm not one to mess with." He warned them.

"Natsu-kun, she-"

"Shut the hell up!" He barked. "That's fucking dangerous you know!" He stepped towards them.

With fright in their eyes, they didn't back down.
"W-wait, but-"

Natsu suddenly and aggressively grabbed my arm and pulled me out of that situation.
In the corner of my eyes saw Gray-Sama following my body with his eyes and then he turned his gaze again.

I swallowed back hard and it felt so lonely. His eyes were so lonely.