40 | New Year, New Us

<Juvia>
I woke up that morning finding myself 2 hours before the fixed alarm. Anyways, I still lunged out of bed and stared at my mirror which display such a gleaming ear to ear smile. Plus, my messy bed hair.

Taking a shower, for a morning glow, I had forgotten my towels in my room. I walked nakedly back, still dripping here and there. I guess, this always happened so I got used to it. Once I dried off, I arranged the new uniform on my bed, with its colors that differed from last year.

"Juvia? Did you forget your towel again?" I heard Gray-sama call out in the hall. Of course, I led a trail of water down to my room.

"Juvia apologizes!" I laughingly answered as I opened the door, though he was leaning his arm against the frame and smiled at me.

"Hmm?" He closed his eyes and I sighed hopelessly for him and giggled.

My lips planted on smooth lips and he led, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"What? Too lazy to cook today, Gray-sama?" I pinched his cheek and he pleaded childishly.

"Fine, lets go, let's go." I pushed him out of my room and downstairs to the kitchen.

I whipped a meal up that could satisfy us, at least for the morning, because for some reason, Gray-sama always seems hungry before lunch. Could he be a stress eater?

"J-u-v-i-a." Gray-sama appeared out of nowhere and hugged me from behind.

"S-stop! J-Juvia is cooking!" I tried to pry him off. Why is Gray-sama so clingy this morning?

"That's smells good." Gray-sama complemented my cooking and kissed my cheek real quick and joking touched me in an off-limits area. At least that's what Lucy-chan said to me.
•••••
When we arrived at school together, the first one I spotted was my good old friend, Levy-chan.

"J-chan! I missed you so much!" She dived into my arms I stumbled back from her force. Her blue hair had grown over the summer, passing her shoulders.

Then, Gray-sama made my contact with me and I nodded my head. He then followed to talk to Gajeel.

"How was your trip?" I asked her.

"Great! Never experienced traveling like that before. Especially with Gajeel!"

"Juvia's glad that you had fun."

"Oh yeah, we had fun." I didn't know if she was joking or not, but Gajeel reacted by her comment.

"What about you? How is living with Gray?" She poked my redden cheeks. "Anything happen between the both of you?"

"Ohh, leave the poor girl alone." Lucy wrapped her arms around the both of us. "How's it been guys?"

"Lu!" Levy hugged her.

"How was your vacation?" I asked Lucy.

"Hmm? Not as exciting as the both of yours." Lucy giggled, "couldn't do much because of Natsu's motion sickness." She frowned.

"Ahh, Gajeel just took pills the entire time." Levy knew what Lucy was dealing with.

"Anyway, let's go in. We're 2nd years now!" Levy grabbed both of us and led us in.

Over the summer, the school was under innovation, things were moved and changed throughout the school. Surprisingly, it looked really nice and new. However, the change wasn't going to be savored by the 3rd years for long. As it was their last year here for Natsu, Gajeel, Jellal, Lucy, Erza, and even Gray-sama.

"J-chan? J-chan!" Levy shook me, "you okay? What's wrong?" She asked.

"N-nothing! Juvia was just day dreaming." I assured. Then, I looked at the boards of home room classes and searched for mine.

Skimming and reading, I finally came across my name. I was in the home room with Natsu this year! When I kept examining the names, I found Mira-san, Cana-chan, and a few others from last year.

"Awe...not in the same home room." Levy sighed.
"Tsk, it's rigged."

"Hahaha, you always say that. Look." Lucy pointed at the names under Levy, "we'll still have some classes together though."

Relief did comfort me, however it felt much more distant.

"Look at that." Natsu poked his head and was leveled my shoulder as he squinted at the board. "Home room, huh?" He nodded his head and kept reading. "Lets work hard, yeah?" Natsu was radiating with such blinding light.

"Y-yes!" I replied.

"Watch him, kay?" Lucy shook her head in disappointment, "you're allowed to break a leg or two to keep him in check."

"J-Juvia could never!"

"Atta-girl. See, at least she knows that's it's wrong to abuse someone." Natsu teased.

"Acting high and mighty aren't yeah?" Levy pinched his ear. "Don't worry Lu-chan, I got your back!"

"Ow, ow!" Natsu complained.

Loud as ever, it felt calming that everyone was back together. Like nothing had changed.

"Whoa, keep it down." Erza appeared out of the corner. I missed her scarlet hair and it was like staring at a true queen of some sorts.

"Yo, what's up?"
Gray-sama caught up to me and stood really close. As if he was trying to prove something.

What really had me nervous was the amount of students that surrounded us, lions that stalked their prey. I had forgotten that I had stepped into the ring of the most popular students. Even more...most of them were seniors.

"Heheh, how's it feel?" Levy wrapped her arms around mine, "you showed them." As she was bringing up last year, the countless criticism and bullying I went through.

"Let's get to class." Gray-sama held my hand and started bringing me along in his direction. The others waved and I waved back. Making a penetration into the wall of students that stood in awe.

"Do you know what's best about this year?" Gray-sama asked as we walked upstairs.

"What is it?" I questioned.

"I can introduce you as my girlfriend now."
"W-what?" My heart couldn't take such a sudden blow from him... So cruel...

"Acting all shy." Gray-sama chuckled at my defensive body language. "I love you."

Again, my heart stopped in the moment. However, I couldn't help but to gleam in happiness.

"I love you too Gray-sama."