16 | Fading Away

Two days after that horrific incident.
Everyone had seem to be more friendlier than usual and it did catch me off guard. They were more open to me. Maybe they're tricking me or something.

Honesty, I want to head to the office or to Gray-sama and ask about the transfer. But knowing me, I didn't want to become a nuisance. In the end, I told myself to wait it out and see what happens.

"Hey Juvia-chan." Lucy-San waved at me and I smiled back. When I got a good look of her face, her complexion was more healthy from two days ago. Then I noticed that something was missing from her. The bracelet she always wore up until now, wasn't on.

"Where's the pink charm bracelet? The one I always see you wearing." I pointed out.

"Ah...well, I decided not to wear it today. I got tired of it." She spoke as she her hands behind her back.

"Did something happen?" I asked placing my hands on her shoulder, even though I sounded pretty annoying and shouldn't get involved

"No... It's fine." She replied shaking her head.

"Really, I'm worried."

"You're such a worry wart." She teased but her smile was partially broken and forced.

"Please, rely on me." I insisted.

"Alright..." She nodded her head, the smile fading.
••••
As she went on about why she decided to not wear the bracelet and everything, it was all because of her current relationship with Natsu-San.

"Did Natsu really?" Baffled as I was, I couldn't believe it myself.

"Yeah. I saw them myself." Lucy laid her head on the desk and pouted. "I want to trust Natsu, but it's what he told me last time I got worried." She looked weary, "he said that if any girl would to touch him other than me he would push them away."

I patted her back and held her hand, "Juvia had never been in a relationship so complex as Lucy-san's, so Juvia doesn't know what you're going through." I apologized.

"No it's fine. I just thought that he would keep that promise. Guess I was the wrong."

"Who was this girl?"

"Lisanna Strauss, she was Natsu's childhood friend. Though, she was hospitalized for quite sometime." She explained, "she recovered and decided to come back."

"Juvia thinks you should trust him." I shared my side, the worst thing that could happen is believing misunderstandings.

"You think it's easy but it's actually difficult to see the one you care about, kiss another girl." She slammed her forehead into the desk.

"Please don't hurt yourself, Lucy-San." I peeled her off the desk and looked straight into her lifeless expression.

When I realized myself, that if another girl had become Gray-sama's women, Juvia would feel heart-broken.

"Besides, I don't want to talk to him." Lucy-San got up and pushed her seat back in. "Thanks for listening." As she tried to escape her own feelings.

Please don't walk away from this Lucy-San!

Lucy-San walked out of the door way the same time Levy-chan had entered, they both looked at each other then hugged. She glanced over at me and said, "thanks J-chan, I'll take over from here." She looked confident and took her away.

By myself, I wondered if I was any help with my limited knowledge about boys and relationships. Juvia could of been more helpful towards Lucy-san."
••••••
During passing, the halls had posters lining down all with information about clubs and upcoming school events. I happened to find myself lost on the trail of papers.

"Juvia-san?"

I turned around to see Gray-sama carrying a stack of papers. Then he flinched and looked away, tightening his hold on the boxes and tried to hurry away.

"I will help-"

"No, you don't need to." As though he knew I was going to offer a hand.

"But-"

"Stop, it's fine." His ears turned red.

In the end, we walked together and he brought up the transfer and what Erza did about it.

"The student council themselves vetoed the transfer script." He said. "It was taken to the meeting as a student concern, listed by Erza as a top priority matter." He explained.

"It was dealt by the student council?! Juvia is amazed by how powerful the council is!"

Gray-sama didn't break an expression and kept walking.

"So Juvia can stay!" I happily smiled and my aura seemed to agitate him. I don't know, his expressions were always inconsistent.

"Yeah." He replied.

"Thank you, Gray-sama."

The tension finally eased and my anxiety disappeared, at least this time I will be able to sleep.

"Don't thank just me, thank the members."

"Juvia will talk to them and thank them in person." I said, "Ah! Juvia is so happy!"

Then, Gray-sama brought up another case, this time referring to our good friends.

"Have you heard about Natsu and Lucy?" Gray-sama asked. "Natsu's been whining and giving me headaches. Tsk, he just doesn't know that he's at fault."

Gray-sama casually spoke as if I knew about the situation between Lucy and Natsu. I'm overwhelmed with chaotic feelings that Gray-sama is comfortable talking to me again!

"Juvia talked to Lucy-san this morning. She seemed-." I didn't have a word for it, I knew it wasn't something positive but-

"Betrayed?" Gray-Sama finished. "I'm not surprised. Although, this is the first time they fought where they actually aren't communicating. Normally they would just bully and tease each other. Sometimes pranks too."

"Heheh, they sound like kids." I giggled. "Juvia really does hope that they get back together."

"Why don't we help then?" He proposed.

"Huh?" I tilted my head.

We had arrived in the mail room, and Gray-sama reiterated. "Why don't we help them."

"I don't follow."

"We'll get them back together even if they have to be forced." Gray-sama explained.

"Juvia never knew you cared about Natsu." I tried to hide my jokes, but they seem to have slid.

"If that hot head doesn't get back with Lucy, it will affect his work with the council, he's already behind." Gray-sama expression was stern yet, it was obvious he cared.

"Alright, Juvia will help." I replied.

I could see right through him, Gray-sama seems to be making accuses when it comes to helping friends, it's really cute.

"Just count of Juvia!"