30 | Last Match

<Juvia>
I finally made it into the glorious field of winners and everyone was jumping in joy.
Some of the guys were mocking and teasing the other teams but the girls made sure to keep them in line.

"Juvia! Where were you?!" Cana questioned.

"Don't worry, Juvia was able to watch!" I said, "from the second floor."

"The guys are great huh?" Mira-san commented, "our boys are something else."

"Tsk, now they have to take all their energy to the last event." Erza-san intruded, "wish they could all be enthusiastic like this during exams."

"Last...event?" I asked.

"Better than this one." Natsu hung around, "Water balloon fight!"

"W-water balloon fight?" I questioned.

"Yeah! It's the best actually. All you have to do is not get hit by one and survive." Levy explained, "the true survival of the games!"

I feel so out of place even though I'm with them all. Being so close to them but at the same time it was lonely for me. I don't know what this unsettling feeling is.

"Juvia-San."

I turned around and saw Gray-sama calling my name. He waved to get my attention and asked if I was okay. Great job! You have Gray-sama worrying about you know, Juvia!

"I'm okay really." I replied.

"Then, wan to help us get the balloons for the team?" He asked me.

"Me?!" I was awestruck. Me?!
"B-but Juvia-"

"No excuses." He teased me, "penalty for running off on your own."

"A-alright." Even I didn't think be noticed but I gave in.

Going back into the school, the gym was handing out the baskets of water balloons, that of the team colors. We went over and grabbed our basket.

"Is it heavy?" He asked me.

"N-no, Juvia is fine."

In the corner of my eye, I thought I jut saw Gray-sama make an expression of pain. Or is it just my eyes again? He stared at his right arm but then ignore it.

"Gray-sama, are you okay?"

"Yeah? What are you talking about?"

"U-uh okay. Never mind then."

I should know my place. It's obvious that Gray-sama wouldn't tell me. I can't expect too much from our relationship, this is how it should be.

Half way to the field, I stopped.

"Huh? Getting heavy?" He turned around.

"Yeah, can you hold up one sec?"

"Sure, might as well." He lowered his end and sighed, wiping the sweat off his forehead.

I took this opportunity to walk over and closer to him and pretend that I lost my footing. I'm not a good actress but I made sure to casually bumped into his right arm.

"O-w," he held his right arm immediately and inched back.

"I knew it!" I said out loud.

"Didn't have to be rough though." He sat down and rubbed his arm.

"You're obviously not okay. Was it from the pole tower?" I knelt down, watching him.

"Yeah, I think it's just a slight bruised though."

"Let me see." I took his arm and skimmed my finger across his arm. "It does look swollen, I couldn't tell from where I was before."

"Tsk, what does she think she's doing?" Numerous girls had caught a glimpse of us. Their expressions didn't seem friendly at all. Gray-sama heard them too and pushed my hand away.

"Let's go." He said getting up from the ground.

"R-right."

He's mad now. Is it because I embarrassed him in front of those girls? Why am I always doing this to him?!
••••••
The water balloon fight was held in the woods of the school, were cross country athletes would run their track. With many trees and good spots for ambushes, the boundaries were made with red tape.
When everyone was ready and had set up their team, the signal was shot and everyone burst while projecting the multifarious water balloons in the sky.

"Ugh! No fair!" Levy was hit instantly without time to react.

Gajeel couldn't help but to laugh and avenge Levy instead. He was able to hit five people before he was hit himself by an upper class-men on the white team.
On the other hand, Natsu-San and Elfman were just straight out crazy on the field.

"Throw it like a man!" Elfman shouted at his our teammates. Consistently, he was able to take out most of the ones that came his way.

"Juvia, follow me." Lucy whispered to me, grabbing my hand and leading me away.

"I have a secret place we could hide. Worked last year." She giggled.

I nodded my head and followed her. As we were still on the field, he hid under a roof of a large bush. Multiple people were passing us and we tightened as they did.

"Shhhh." Lucy placed her index finger to her lip.

Beforehand, the rules of the games were simple. There was three types of flares that are going to be set off. The white one meant that only half are remaining. Black meant, less than fifty remaining. Lastly, pink meant ten left.

"Look, the black flare." Lucy pointed at the sky.

"That was quick..." I whispered.

"I know right?" She agreed.

"No! How would you!" A voice appeared.

Some had ran passed us and a water balloon was darted, following behind her and we heard a splash.

"Why would you target me?" Soon enough, we had saw who had threw the water ballon at the female student of the Purple Team and it was Lyon.

Lucy nudged my arm and looked worried. He wouldn't notice us right?

Then again, there were others who had followed Lyon and he left to escape. Both Lucy and I sat there waiting. There was still people lurking and we didn't want to risk it.

BANG

We looked up to the mist of a pink flare. Then, it got quiet.

"This way..." We heard the quiet voices of other teams.

"There's only 10 left, we better find them or else we'll definitely lose." The guys spoke.

With water balloons in our hands, we both glanced at each other and smiled. Nodding our heads, we attacked!

"AH?! Damn it!"

"Tsk." The guys were soaked in shame as they looked at us with annoyed expressions. However, one had smiled deviously.

"J-Juvia! It's a trap!" Lucy grabbed ahold of my arm and tugged me away. There was flying balloons over our heads and we dodged them. "This way!" She led me.

We hid behind a tree and waited. People had passed us and others stayed to listened for our movements.
As they ran off, finally. Lucy and I popped out heads out and we exposed our whereabouts.

"Hehehe.." Lucy tighten her grip on my hand.
"This doesn't look good."

Purple and Blue team had both teamed up to wipe us out. Alliances? Yes, they are getting cold feet and decided to take out the rest of the Red team.
There in the crowd, the man leading them was Lyon.