28 | What to grasp

<Juvia>
My eyes are deceiving me! That's not Gray-sama waiting for me, I'm hallucinating.
Come on Juvia! Focus! The finish line is up ahead and all you have to is run. For the team, run for your friends!

BANG

"And the winner is the Red Team!" The announcer shouted into the microphone.

Yes, I did it! But the question is, how do I slow down? I couldn't stop myself and if I wanted to because I would end up falling on my own legs. Instead, I ran into someone's arms as they had steadied themselves to catch me.

"Ow..." They mumbled.

"Sorry-" I opened my eyes and noticed that it was Gray-sama who had caught me as I was about to collapse from running.

"Gray-sama!" I was excited but embarrassed at the same time. Maybe he was minding his own business and I ran into him! I have to get off him!

"S-sorry!" I apologized and crawled off.

"It's fine. Besides it's kind of normal for a catcher." He pointed at the other teams who also had people, just incase they ran so fast and couldn't stop.

But this was different, Gray-sama, not anyone else but him came for me. I was happy and my heart fluttered.

"Thank you, Gray-sama." I smiled.

He stood up and gave me his hand, grabbing it he helped me up. "Good job." He said, "you got us first in the relay race."

I shook my head, "no, I simply can't take all the credit. We all did it." I said.

"Well said." He chuckled.

"Juviaaaaaa!" All the girls ran up to me, Cana and Levy praised me so much it was overwhelming.

"Huh? Where's Lucy?" I asked.

"I'm over here!" Lucy called in the distance as she was on Natsu's back, "I over did it." She laughed, "but I'm thankful, Juvia, you really pulled through." She congratulated me.

"I'm going to take her to the infirmary. I'll catch up with you guys after." Natsu said.

"Don't be late for our game." Gray-sama said.

"Better hurry." Gajeel added.

"Yeah, yeah." Natsu replied.

"Juvia-chan! Hurry, the mini games are gonna start." Levy pulled me away from the field as they had set up soccer nets and placed up flags.

"Let's go win some more!"

"Wait! I need to rest!" I sighed.

Looking back, I waved goodbye to Gray-sama and he flashed a slight grin before he left.
••••••••
After we rested for ten minutes, we played darts for the next event but I couldn't hit the bullseye. Technicallyc I couldn't even hit the dart board itself.

On the other hand, Cana knew what she was doing. She was a pro! The accuracy in her throws as she hit the bullseyes, she was so cool!
Even though we had Cana on our team, the Blue Team was ahead.

Unfortunately, we came in 2nd place behind Blue Team, then White, Green, and so in. I could feel the competitive aura from them as they all stuck their tongues out at us.

"Don't mind them, Juvia. Lets go head over to the potato sack race." Cana patted my back.

"Ughhh, I hate that." Levy complained.