36 | Melting Ice

<Levy>
"J-chan, please come out." I waited behind the stall door in the school's bathroom. I could hear her chocking back and crying her heart out. I didn't know what else to say to her but I knew she wanted to be alone. Even if that was the case, I couldn't just leave her like that.

CLICK

Juvia unlocked the stall door and slowly came out. Her eyes were red and swollen. When I tried to find her gaze, she looked away.

"Come here." I embraced Juvia and she continued to sob. "I'm sorry, it's my fault." I said. "I should have pushed you to do something you weren't ready for."

If I didn't have been so straight forward and pressured her then none of this would of happened.

"I knew this would happen anyways. I am to blame for expecting much more."

"It's not your fault. You can't blame yourself for wanting to be happy. Juvia, you're an amazing person, just remember that."

"T-thanks Levy-chan..."

"Juvia? You in here?" Lucy's head popped out of the corner and into the bathroom as she spotted us. "I heard what happened!" She came towards us and latched on. "Don't let it get to you." Lucy patted her back and tried to make Juvia smile.

"R-really, you guys are too kind ." Juvia smiled back and giggled, "it's does hurt though." She revealed.

"Hey, hey. We're here for you." I assured.

"Come on, let's get you some ice cream from the lunch room, kay?" Lucy suggested. "We can talk about it."

"S-sure." Juvia was able to share a glint of a smile. In the mean awhile, we need to figure out a way for Juvia to be happy.
•••••••
<Natsu>
"Argh, this is more difficult that any of my homework assignments." I complained aloud as I was referring to Gray and Juvia.

"Everything is difficult for you." Lucy teased.

"Oi-"

"Anyway, Levy wanted to come up with a plan for this. And we all know what Gray truly wants even if he doesn't admit himself. I just don't know why he is so adamant about being alone." Lucy sighed. "That man is a hard nut to crack...."

"I think they need to just talk it out." I said, "I bet Gray flat out rejected her so bluntly that it went over his head."

"But that's it, I don't know why but if I had something to hide, I wouldn't want to say it. Even if it meant it would hurt someone else, I'd rather have them hate me then to hurt them." Lucy laid into my lap and raised her hand towards the sky. "It's scary thing to hurt someone you love."

"Hey, why are you actin' all depressed?" I leaned back into the bench, looking up into the clouds. "It's not impossible. I believe that they will be able to get their feelings across. Even if I have to knock some sense into that stupid Gray!"

"Don't get into another fight..." Lucy held my hand, "it won't help the problem."
••••••••
<Gray>
I was out in the main court yard, underneath the shade of a large tree. My mind was in scrambles and I needed to just clear my mind to think honestly. To be truthful, I didn't mean to come off cold the way I did.
When Juvia confessed, I just felt a rush of uncertainty. Before I knew it, I had mustered a weird feeling in my chest whenever I would see her recently.

I really did hurt Juvia, didn't I?

Suddenly, the track team was making laps around the school in a small groups that caught my attention. That's when I spotted Mira when she caught a glimpse of me as well.

"Huh? You're not in class?" She asked.

"Free period." I replied.

"Hmm?" Mira bent over and inspected me. "Why the long face? You look like you were rejected." She confronted me. "Was it a girl?"

"Indeed it was..." I laid back onto the grass and talked to Mira who was sitting besides me.
"I'm contemplating about what I want."

"Ahhh, so you rejected someone? Huh, that isn't like you to get so fixated on someone you rejected, Gray." Mira pointed out, "I'm guessing it wasn't one of those girls from the fan club."

"Yeah, not this time." I said.

"Well, you better find your answer." Mira stood up and started to run, following along with the track team. "Don't over complicate things, King of Ice."

"King of Ice..." I haven't heard that nickname amongst the many that I am known for. People in grade school started calling me cold-related names due to my stern and aloof personality growing up and I guess even Mira remembered it.

"You can always melt the ice..."

Somehow, I recalled someone's voice reminiscing in my head. It was young girl from my younger years with a white rain doll around her neck. The paleness of her delicate skin, and what reminded me of that color of blue.

"Juvia." I called her name out softly. Taking an arm, I cover my eyes and laid there to rest. Even though numerous things had crept along.
••••••
<Juvia>
"T-talk to Gray-sama again?" I questioned Levy's motives. "But, Gray-sama hates Juvia now." I reminded her.

"Just because Gray did return his feelings, doesn't mean he hates you, you know." Levy frowned, "believe in yourself more."

I nodded my head, "should Juvia apologize to Gray-sama?" I asked.

"What's there to say sorry about?" Levy sighed, "talk things over. Tell him what you really what. Juvia, what is one thing you really what?"

"Juvia wants to stay friends with Gray-sama." I spoke. "I don't want this relationship to shatter just because I got greedy. I don't care if Gray-sama doesn't love me." I explained even though I was lying about not needing to be loved. I won't die, but I will be suffering greatly for I don't know how long.

"Then make the best of it." Levy grabbed my hand and held it tightly. With no word, I knew what she was trying to do. She kept my hopes up while I tried to abandon them.

"A-alright. I will go to Gray-sama." I stood up from the seat and hugged Levy-chan one last time before I left.
She smiled and gave me a push, "you can do it!"

"Thank you!"

Dashing out of the classroom, I ran into Lucy and stopped. "Have you made up your mind?" She asked.

"Y-yes." I bowed my head, "thank you for everything up until now."

"Hey, hey." Lucy placed her hand on my shoulders, "stop acting so formal with me."

"S-sorry." I awkwardly laughed.

"So? You catching up to Gray?"

"Y-yes! I will find him." I assured.

"I can help you with that." Lucy winked. She took my hand and brought me over to the windows and pointed out.

A pounding sensation started and Gray-sama was under the trees, near the field. Just like when I met Gray-sama when I came to this school, under that tree was where it all started. And all because I was so intrigued by his presence.