42 | My Love

<Juvia>
That afternoon, Gray-sama texted me saying that he was going to staying after for a student council meeting. I had no objections to walking home alone, but I felt like he was avoiding me.

"Don't just stand there." Natsu waved his hands in front of my face and I took a scare.

"S-sorry." I apologized as I was blocking the door.
"Going home alone?" Natsu's eyes wandered around as if he was looking for someone.

"Yes, Gray-sama has a council meeting. Should Natsu-san be at the meeting as well?" I questioned.

"Huh?" The spec of confusion from him made me confused too.

"R-right! Hey, can't be on time for everything huh?" Natsu patted my back.

Then we saw Lucy coming down from the stairs and towards us.

"Ready to go, Natsu?"

"Apparently I have to go to a meeting." Natsu held her hands tightly. "Walk with Juvia, alright?"

Lucy nodded her head and glanced over at me.

"Well? Why don't we grab a snack on the way. Sound good?" Lucy hooked her arm into mine and we left the school.
••••••
<Natsu>
Damn that guy! Even I know better not to lie like this.

I raced up the flight of stairs and zipped down the halls to find Gray in the council room. No one but him.

"Oi, what the hell is up this time?" I exclaimed as my roar had startled him when his head was lying on the desk.

"You wanna fight?" He glared at me.

"If you deal with the one you're having with Juvia first, then I'll gladly accept."

Gray stared intensively and then gave up with a long sigh. "Just leave me alone." He brushed me away.

"You piece of shit! Why are you avoiding Juvia? Making her walk back home alone? Some type of man you are!" I punched him in the face.

"Don't start with me!" His arms started swinging and he clambered me down. "It's not like Juvia and I are fighting! That's not it!" Gray confessed.

"Then did you break up?" I asked.

There was that silence that spoke for itself until Gray had spoken up.

"I was jealous okay?! There you have it! I hate myself for getting so worked up about it!" Gray kicked the desk and it flipped against the wall.

"What's wrong with being jealous?" I questioned, "doesn't it just prove that you care about Juvia?"

Gray lowered his arms and seemed like he was really tearing himself over it.

"So? Who was she with?" I tilted my head.

"That so-called brother of yours." Gray spoke. "Even over something so trivial. I know she was just helping him but she looked so happy."

My heart clenched as I heard that he was talking about Zeref.

"Cool down, that man would never, tsk." I clenched my fist wanting to knock the guy over. "Go home, Juvia is waiting for you." I said.

Gray didn't rely, but still he picked up his things and left.
For me, I knew that he was still in the school. So of course I went after him.
____________
Zeref POV
To my surprise before I locked the classroom as I was about to leave, Natsu had shown up.
He violently grabbed me by the collar and shoved me against the door.

"I don't care what you do, but don't involve my friends. You've done enough damage!" Something in him had provoked him. For this was the first time he confronted me in private.
"Are you talking about that girl? She was just helping me carry some boxes-"

His arm raised up and his fist aimed at my face. I let him hit him.
"I'm warning you. Don't go near them, don't even talk to them."
"So practically everyone." I sighed, "look Natsu, when are you going to accept the fact that you're-"
"Don't say it!" He readied his hands again but this time I caught him first.
Natsu straggled back, trying to hold his stance.
"Is that how you talk to your older brother?" I stepped his way, keeping the dominance that I rightfully had. "You don't have to believe me, but when you do, you're rejecting me and our parents. Your father and mother who raised you."

Natsu didn't move from his spot and admitted his pitiful defeat. In most cases, he was getting arrogant.
___________________
Juvia POV
Before heading home, Lucy had brought me to a fast food restaurant to grab something to eat. I knew that I was cooking for Gray-sama and I, so I just grabbed a water cup while Lucy had some fries.

"You look disturbed. Everything okay?" Lucy's dipped her fries into the sauce and into the mouth. Like a mechanic machine with an on button.
"Juvia thinks that everything is okay." I thought.
"Something about Gray?" She asked, "talk to me." She poked my cheek, "I'll listen."

Other than the burden holding me back, I was glad that Lucy was there for me. That and I was able to be more open.
"I think Gray-sama is tired of me." I spoke.
"Hah?" Lucy blinked questionably, "you're overthinking it."
No sugarcoat to agree.

"B-but Gray-sama has been acting like he doesn't want to talk to me." I explained, "ever since the time I helped Dragneel Sensei-"
"A man's jealousy. Gottcha." Lucy wiped her fingers on the white napkin.

"Please go on." I said.
"Well, Gray must of seen how kind you were to someone other than himself. He's just selfish that he has the right to take your everything." Lucy sighed.
If that was the case, then Gray-sama must think that I'm very important to him. That makes me really happy.

"Don't think too much about it. He'll eventually come around. If worst comes to worst, you can always apologize for being kind." Lucy's fair expression became a devious one.
"Juvia should apologize for being kind?"
"That's right." She nodded, "make him feel bad for you apologizing about being kind. That you care about others and how nice you are. Practically, you are apologizing about your existence." She went on.

"J-Juvia thinks that's cruel." I rejected.
"Well, don't you want him to think about how much of an idiot he is? Come on, he thinks you have feelings for Mr. Dragneel. Tsk, he's just a child in love." Lucy crossed her arms.

"T-thank you." I started to pack up my things and glanced out of the restaurant window and back at Lucy.
"Go home, talk to him." She said.
"R-right. Thanks again! Juvia is in your debt!" I bowed my head.
"Formal as ever." Lucy stood up, "this is when we hug." He opened her arms for me and I walked in embracing her.

"He would never get tired of you Juvia."