23 | Define Friendship

<Juvia>
Juvia's past

"Hey Juvia! We're having a club meeting after school, you're coming right?"

"Yeah, Juvia will be there!"

"Awesome!"

It was my first week of junior high and I thought I had already fitted in with the crowd. However, I was mistakenly wrong.

LAUGHTER, BAM

"W-why? I thought you were my friends..."
They placed the bucket on my head and kicked the remaining water puddles on my uniform.

I was soaked, dirtied, and lost my pride.
They grabbed me by the arms and legs and dragged me to the closet.

"L-let go of me!"

BAM

They locked the door from the other side and I was trapped inside without light.

"L-let Juvia out!"

I waited minutes, then it became hours. By then, I lost track of time. I was cold, tired, and betrayed. I hate this, I hate myself for thinking that I found people I trusted.

Finally, someone on the other side called out but I had lost my energy to even say anything. The banging sound of objects and things falling on the ground on the other side of the door was noisy until the closet door opened. A hand reached out to me and couldn't see his face because I refused to look them in the eye. However, I manage to see his diamond crossed necklace glisten with the blue gem.

I reached out and grabbed the hand.
••••••
Losing track of time, I snapped out of my long thought to noticed something heavy, weighing me down. As I soon realized it was Gray-sama, he squeezed his arms around me tightly as we sat on the ground.

"Gray-sama..." Tears rolled out and I tightly held Gray-sama while my arms where shaking.

"Juvia are you alright?" Gray-sama looked deep into my eyes and combed the hair out of my face.

"Y-yeah. Thank you Gray-sama. Thank you for coming for me..." I smiled.

"Here, let's get you out." Gray-sama held my hand the entire time and asked who did it.

"I-"

"J-chan!" Levy burst out of the corner and followed behind was the two girls and Gajeel.

"J-chan! Are you alright?" Levy-chan inspected me and followed with an embraced." We got your bag."

"Thank you..." I wiped the tears away.

"Oi, Gray, what'yuh gonna do with these two?" Gajeel pushed them forward. "They also broke Juvia's phone." He added.

Gray walked ahead and crossed his arms, towering over the frighten girls who looked a little beaten up.
Don't tell me Levy-Chan did something to them?!

"I don't know. Suspension, maybe expulsion?" Gray-sama's eyes were cold and aloof as he glared at the two girls. "Anyway, we'll have to discuss it with Ezra and the school board."