14 | Framed

This time when I made it to school, I was early by ten minutes. I don't know why today was different but because of this extra time, I just ended up doing everything slow as if I was a slug.
At my locker, someone tapped my shoulders.

"Heyyy Juvia...." Lucy hung like a soulless doll, swaying back and forth and then gaining balance from my shoulder.

"What are you doing here! Lucy-san, you clearly haven't gotten better." When I said that, Natsu appeared from the behind.

"Oi, Lucy go back home." He said pulling her pony tail back and her head slightly tilted up.

"Huh? But the exams." She groaned.

"Screw the exams, you can retake them." Natsu placed both his hands on her shoulder and pushed her forward like a two man conga-line. "Juvia I'll be taking her back." He called out.

"Yes! Lucy-San, please take care." I bowed my head and she ghostly waved back.
••••••
When I was about to head to homeroom, turning a corner a girl with the same uniform as mine bumped me from behind.

"I'm sorry! I'm in a rush!" She said raced away, her short purple hair bouncing.

"It's fine..." I spoke back as she had already zipped passed me and ran into a classroom.

Before my eyes, something glistened on the floor and I picked it up to notice that it was a gold key.
It must of belong to that girl that just bumped into me just now.

BELL RINGS

Before I knew that I was idling around, I forgot that I had to hurry to class! But maybe I should hand this key to the office first.
However, the first warning bell rang and I knew that I couldn't be late. Guess I'll have to hand it in after the first class. From there, I quickly ran to homeroom.
•••••
"McGarden."

"Here, Sensei." Levy-Chan waved.

"Connell?"

No answer.

"Justine?"

"Here."

After roll call, the principle had entered the room with the vice Principle.

"Good morning," he greeted even though this tone was stern. Weird because the Vice President looked quite fragile.

"Without being frank," he spoke, "someone has stolen the key to the 2nd room in the teachers office, that contains the answers to the Exam today." He announced.

Everyone gasped and all looked at each other and small conversations were here and there.

"I wonder who took it." One had whispered.

"Maybe it's the boys, there always trying ways to cheat."

A key? I quickly panicked as I picked up a key this morning. But it can't be, it can't be the same right? That's not possible.

"What color is it?" The students asked.

"It's a golden key. One with the the numbers 444 engraved on it." He described.

My body froze. A golden key! Just like the one I picked up! However, I didn't take the time to notice the numbers.

"Everyone please rise, we'll be conducting a search." The principal demanded.

"What?!" Everyone started making a ruckus.

"That's absurd! My stuff!"

"He can't be serious!"

Everyone negativity commented and I felt a light presence on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, if you don't have the key so there's nothing to worry about." Levy comforted me.

"Yeah..." I replied.

"Are you okay?" She asked with a head tilt.

"Yeah, Juvia is fine."

"What's to worry? Unless you're hiding the key." The Principle eyed the students.

Then, he and the assistant lurked closer and closer. One desk after another. Asking for our names, then dumping everything out of our desk. You could say that this was violations of our privacy. Though it's not like we have the power to speak against him.

"Name." He said.

"Juvia Lockser." I answered.

He nodded his head and the man behind him tipped over my desk and my books and binders came flying out.

The man knelt down and threw paper here and there and when he was about to say clear he heard a clinging of something metal.

"What do we have here?" He picked up the key and showed it to the Principal. "The serial code on it saids, 444." They both look at me and sighed.

"Inspection complete." The man with the beard that hung from his face, wrote in a slow motion and gave me a paper slip.

"You are you report to the office, for stealing the key." Again he sighed and left the room.

It was silent, what just happened? I felt this cold breeze from all around, I was being stared at.

"Not surprised." The class started to murmur.

"Maybe she's trying to boost her grade and get to Gray-kun."

"Tsk, she thought she could get away with it, huh?"

At first I wanted to say that it was all a misunderstanding. However, who would believe me? They saw the evidence. They all saw it fall out.

"Juvia, was it really you?!"
Levy and Lyon stood in front of me and whispered.

"Juvia, did you?" Lyon asked again, almost confused by the act.

I looked at them and words couldn't generate properly. I couldn't bear the fact that they were questioning me as well.

"J-Juvia didn't steal." I confessed as I balled my eyes out, Lyon shielded us from the rest of the students.

"What exactly happened?" Levy wiped my tears away. "It's a misunderstanding right? Explain."

"J-Juvia found it. This morning someone bumped into me and must of dropped it. Juvia picked it up and tried to, give it but the bell rang and they were gone." I whaled our, hugging Levy.

"You're innocent then!" Levy wrapped her arms around me. "It's okay, as long as you actually didn't steal it. "We'll just tell them the truth."

"But is this a coincidence? This morning I heard from the other students that they saw you in the teacher's lounge." Lyon pointed out.

"What?! Juvia didn't go!" I stomped my feet, who would spread those rumors? , "why does no one like Juvia!"

"That's not it! They're just jealous, you're beautiful and smart!" Levy combed my hair out of my face.

"Right Lyon?"

"Y-yeah." He blushed and hid his face. "They don't know what there talking about. It's all crappy bullshit."

"See? Okay, you go down there and tell them the truth, they have to believe you." Levy patted my shoulders.

"Yeah... Juvia is kind of relieved. Thank you Levy, Lyon."