31 | Gold Medals

<Juvia>
"Sorry about this." Lyon apologized, "when it comes to competitions like this, I won't go easy on anyone. Especially if it's you, Juvia."

Lucy stuck out her tongue at the others and they stepped forward with water balloons. Why stall? Why not just get us out now?

"Alright, we need two throwers." Lyon looked at the crowds and one from each team stepped forward.

One was wearing blue jeans and was shirtless while the other one was a girl with black curly hair.
Within that moment, Lucy and I didn't know what to do.

Lucy came closer and hugged me.

As the two raised their arm, a sudden rustle of bushes caught our attention. Within seconds, everyone was being pelted by water balloons.
There, in front of us were Natsu and Gray.

"That's what you get for messing with our girls." Natsu barked as he managed to have an unlimited supply of balloons.

"You better step back Lyon." Gray-sama warned him. "One hit and you're done."

"Natsu! Gray!" Lucy lightened in hope.

"Gray-sama." I spoke in shock. "How did you find us?"

"Natsu has a good nose you know." Gray pointed out and without delay in his actions, causally threw the water balloon at Lyon.

We all blankly stared each other and Lyon stared at Gray with shock and amazement. He's out, just like that...

"Well that's it huh?" Lucy laughed.

"Stop making me sound like a pervert." Natsu punched Gray's arm. "Anyway, let's go." Natsu reached for Lucy's arm and helped her up.

Gray-sama hesitated at first for me but Natsu got annoyed, "well? Help her up."

Gray-sama lent his arm and I got off the rocky ground. I smiled and said, "thank you Gray-sama!"

He nodded in brevity.

"Anyway, let's get back to base." Natsu said.

As we were about to leave, I saw a glimpse of Lyon. With the distance between us I saw him mouth the words sorry.
•••••••••
By then, the last gun flare exploded into the sky and the teams gathered. Everyone was waiting for the final results. A mascot of a short man with a  pumpkin head costume gave everyone the impatient eye.

"Alright everyone...Kabo." He raised the sealed envelope in his hands and waved it around. "The results were made so clear and no one was able to catch up to them, Kabo. And now-"

"Just say it already!" The purple team roared in desperation. "Let's go?!"

"Yeah?!" Blue team followed and others began to join in on the excitement.

"This years Fairy Tails winners. The one and only infamous, RED TEAM!...Kabo!" He announced and abruptly, the our team bounced in the air and cried out in cheers.

Confetti was blasted and horns seared the surrounding sounds. I stood with the team, cheering and laughing.

"We did it!" Levy grabbed all our hands and jumped up and down. "Another year for the Red Team!"

"Woooooo! Bottoms up!" Cana had a bottle of red liquid in her hands.

"Whoa! No alcohol-"

"Don't worry! It's punch!" She chugged it down and passed it around.

"A great victory indeed." Erza agreed, sharing a drink with her.

"AHHHHH YEAHHH." Natsu and Gray-sama and other boys of the team stripped off their shirts and waved them around.

"Great jobs guys!" Mira-San congratulated.

"The unbeatable Red." Laxus high-fived Freed and his other friends.

I was so caught up in all of this that I couldn't take all this in! Everyone kept hugging me and then I saw Lyon. He waved at me and walked over.

Oh no, what should I say? He did try to get me out of the game a few minutes ago.

"Congrats!" He held my hand and raised both ours in the air. "I had a lot of fun!" He laughed.

"Juvia did too!" I agreed.

Suddenly, when I thought he was falling forward as he lost his balance he really did not stop. That was until I felt something plant on my lips. We stayed for awhile in this position and I didn't know what to do!

Then, he leaned back, "ah-sorry. I didn't mean to." He said all flustered. "Heheh."

"Uhh..."

What just happened? Lyon just kissed me.

"Honestly, I want you to really know that I like you Juvia. I want you to know my feelings." He confessed.

"Um..." I was speechless, what should I say?! Lyon said that- he....what?!

Then I felt an uneasy presence behind us. Cana was whistling a tune with such lustful eyes. Levy and Lucy's mouths were dropped as they looked at each other in shock.
Natsu, Gajeel, and Gray-sama also had caught our moment. W-what?!

"I don't ship that..." Levy whispered to Lucy loud enough that I could hear them.
Then, everyone looked at Gray-sama like he was somehow involved with this. No one had talked for awhile until Gray-sama sighed and left the scene without a word.

I felt a twisting knot forming in my chest.

I turned back to Lyon, gazing with such happy expressions. What should I say? I-I don't know if- do I like Lyon in that special way? However, my heart belongs to Gray-sama.

"I'm flattered but I can't accept your confession. I'm sorry." I replied.

"It's rather sudden I understand, so please think it over. I just wanted you to know my feelings. Take your time, no rush." He smiled.

"But I..." I didn't know how to respond.

"Hope I get a reply soon." He teased me, patting my shoulder.

"Hehehe..." I awkwardly nodded my head and walked towards Lucy and Levy.

Natsu made a bizarre expression and lightly glared at Lyon.

"I don't like him..." He said to me. "That guy has a history with Gray."

"Well aren't you considerate?" Lucy raised a brow.

"Thank you Natsu-San." I bowed my head.

In the end, I wanted to know my own feelings too. For some reason, my heart fluttered when Lyon had confessed. However, why did I become like that? Wasn't I in love with Gray-sama?

Why am I so conflicted?

"Juvia, take your time." Levy comforted me. "He is a nice guy."

"We will support your decision!" Lucy patted my back, "all the way, so don't worry about it."

But now, I have to wonder who will become first in my heart. I do love Gray-sama but he doesn't have feelings for me.