41 | First Semester Starts

<Juvia>
During 2nd period, the teacher decided to take a different root of class. Instead of taking 20 minutes to read, he asked everyone to look at the front table.
He took a glass and opened a water bottle besides it.

"For the duration of the week, you will write a 1000 word prompt on what I do here." He poured the water into the glass and stopped half way. "Explain what I've just done and what you see. Easy right?" He asked the class.

"Is he mocking us?" A couple of kids in the back seemed angered for some reason.

"Ah, so this is what the 3rd years meant about that famous 2nd year teacher on the 2nd floor." Cana sighed. "Mr. Dragneel."

"W-wait you don't mean-"

"Oh yeah, it's your first time seeing him. That's Natsu's older brother." Jet made me aware, "usually the 1st years never seem him often, so it's normal that you don't know who he is."

When I took a harsher gaze, he did have similar features to Natsu. However, the hair color was a drastic difference.

Then he caught me staring at him.

I froze in my seat, but I didn't look away from his exchange...his soul looked as if it was deprived from life. He smiled.
••••••
When I caught up to Levy and the others during lunch, I brought up the fact that Natsu had an older brother.

"They're blood related, however the real reason Natsu hasn't told us is because he doesn't see him as his own brother." Lucy explained. "Mean, huh?"

"Is there a reason?"

"Juvia, the only one that knows is Lucy." Levy said with a worried expression. "He's not a type to open up about personal matters."

"If you're lucky, you can ask him yourself." Lucy took a sip of her juice box.

"Ah, but don't get too worked up or Gray will think something is up." Levy-chan tried to lighten up the mood with her teasing.

When I looked up from the chat, I saw Erza-san walking out way, with another shadow behind her.

"What's up Erza?" Levy asked.

"Good you asked, here." Erza turned around and pushed someone forward. A small frame of a girl with blue pigtails.

"H-hello..." She fidgeted as she spoke.

"Wendy!" Lucy and Levy shouted in unison. "You're a 1st year aren't you! I didn't see you at the opening ceremony!" Lucy exclaimed.

"Wendy, this is Juvia." Erza-san introduced us.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." I tried to look as friendly as I could. "How do you guys know of her?"

"Ah, the 3rd years during the first year of high school was apart of a joint-project with her school. We happened to meet Wendy at Cait Shelter Middle. However, the school doesn't exist anymore." Erza-San explained.

Wendy fell silent and diverged her gaze from us. She looked kind of lonely...

"Let's have a good year. Alright?" Lucy patted her head. "Let's have fun."

Wendy nodded her head and soon after, she left with Erza again into the building.

"She's a great girl." Levy said to me, "well be seeing her a lot this year. She joined the Fairy Tail club." She added.