24 | The Charm

<Juvia>
The following week on Saturday, Gray-sama had insisted on taking me to the mall to buy a new phone with the money from the girls broke my original one.

Erza has spoken with the principal and call their parents to compensate for the damage. She even asked if I wanted to press charges against them but even I didn't want this to become a huge ordeal. In any case, I was happy but I seem to have made enemies again.

That morning, I was scrambling in my room because I was trying to find an outfit for this date. A date? Would it be considered a date? No, we're just buying a new phone. Just as friends...friends.
•••••••
Downtown, at the white glazed water fountain that centered the area. I had spotted Gray-sama waiting for me. He wore a navy blue t-shirt with gray rims and turbid forest green jeans. Finished off with silver chained necklace.

"Gray-sama!" I greeted him and he placed his hands in his pocket and began to walk. As I followed him, he didn't say anything so I pried.

"I'' thankful you're going out of your way to join me today."

"It's no big deal, I'm the one who invited you out. I had nothing today anyways."

"Juvia is still happy!" I gleamed.

When we made it to the mall, Gray-sama had recommended the Magnolian Cell Fashion shop.
When I entered, there was displays of many brands, versions, and generations. All sorted by color and sizes.

"Whoa!" I said amazed.

"This is where I got my phone." Gray-sama reached into his pocket and his phone wasn't a flip phone, but flat with a wide screen.

"You should take this opportunity and get one of the newer generations. Those girls have to pay for the new phone anyway."

"But I will feel guilty." I shrugged.

"What guilt? What do you think happened previously? You shouldn't be so content after all that. You're allowed to be angry."

"I don't quite understand, I feel like it wouldn't do me any good if I stayed mad." I explained.

"Look, it may not apply to you but take every chance you get because it may never come again." He spoke, "you can be greedy too."

The aura around him was turbid but, he still managed to smile. "Or just do whatever you want. I'm not a preacher of sorts."

I didn't have to decided, as I knew Gray-sama had decided for me. If he thinks the new generation is more beneficial then I won't argue. I exchanged a smile and he chuckled.
•••••••
"So, you really did get the new generation." Gray-sama pointed at the box.

"It's because Gray-sama insisted." I replied confused, "wasn't it for Juvia's sake?"

"I was just kidding..."

"W-what?!"

"I'm joking, I'm joking." Gray-sama laughed it was hard not to laugh along. "I didn't think you would listen to my suggestions."

"If it's Gray-sama, then it doesn't matter." I confessed.

He stared at me blankly and titled his head.
"Huh?"

"A-ah! No, I'm just grateful for all you you have done for Juvia. You've really taken care of me."

Ah! I said another weird thing! Ah?! What, whah should I do?! Gray-sama will get suspicious!

"I think... Looking out for another is an ability you shouldn't take lightly." Gray-sama hid his expressions. Then suddenly, he lifted up his head with an lightbulb glowing above.

"I forgot about something." He rose from his seat but I caught him before he left.

"Where are you going?"

"I need to buy something. Can you give me a couple of minutes?" He asked.

"Sure..." I nodded my head.

"Thanks and don't hold up for me, look around yourself too. Just meet back here in ten minutes, good?"

"Y-yes!"

"Alright, be right back."

Huh...? Where was Gray-sama going? I wondered. Even so, I did follow up on the offer of shopping around by myself for awhile.

As I passed many stores, I saw this particular one that was presented as this cute cell phone accessory shop, so I entered.

"Hello, how are you?" The cashier spotted me and greeted me. She wore a pink collared shirt and white pants. Her hair had a hair piece which was in a shape of a heart.

"Um Good! Thank you." I bowed my head.

"Can I help you with anything?"

"Just looking around. Thank you."

"Alright, just call for me if you need any help."

"R-right! Thank you."

Ah, how many times have I thanked her?

While scanning the display tables and cases, I caught my eye on phone straps. There was hearts with glitter, a boy and a girl, a tree. So many types and I wanted them all!

Wait, maybe I should buy one for Gray-sama. He did help me today and took time out of his own schedule. This is more of an obligation.
Right?

"Did you find something?" The girl appeared.

"Y-yes. I was wondering if you could let me see that..." I quickly looked over again to see which one I could see up close and then I found it. "Can I see that one?"

"Ah, that's a great choice."
••••••
<Gray>
She'll like this won't she? I held the blue box in my hand that had a phone strap I thought for her. I mean, she did get a new phone so why not? When I made it back to where we promised to meet, she wasn't back.

Essentially, I sat down and waited for her. Three minutes passed and I finally saw Juvia waving me down with that cute smile of hers. With her was a very small white bag with a pink label. I guess she bought something too.

"Gray-sama!"