08 | Existence

<Levy>
Not planned, I strolled to school with Gajeel this morning when he had shown up at my house. My mom found it romantic.

"What's this? I thought you had early morning practice?" I asked as I swung our arms while holding his hand.

"Coach called it off." He replied.

"Hmmm, I wonder why?"

"What? You don't like walking to school with me?" Gajeel asked making a pouting expression. So adorable!

I shook my head, "that's not what I meant."

"By the way, I've been seeing you around with that new girl quite often. Have you moved on from that blondie already?" He teased.

"You know that she has different classes from me." I stuck out my tongue.

"Yikes, so ugly." He joked.

"H-hey!"
•••••
<Juvia>
J-chan, wait up!" Levy tackled me down from behind. "Good morning!"

"Morning." I said getting off the ground and patting my skirt down.

"How about we get some ice cream after school. There's a new parlor in town and I wanna try it. She clung like a belt around my waist.

"Okay." I agreed as something weighed me down all of a sudden. An arm that hung around my shoulders.

"Good morning, Juvia-chan." Lyon said with an ear to ear smile. "How are you doing lately?"
My face heated and I forgot how to talk again.

"Are you okay. You know about what happened the other day?" He must of been talking about that punch to the face...

"Yes, Juvia is alright." I tipped my head.

"I'm going to give that pink head a talk later." He said pounding his fist, "don't worry Juvia, I'll set him straight."

"No really! Juvia is alright." I guaranteed.
Suddenly the bell rang and cut our conversation short.

"Okay, well I'm going first." Levy hugged me before she went her way.

"Guess I'll go too. See yah." Lyon waved goodbye. For my eyes had deceived me when I saw him wink at me!

In such a daze from Lyon, I had forgotten where I was supposed to go and do.

"Juvia will be late!"

Even thought running in the halls were dangerous, it's better when no one is around. Taking a sharp turn from the corner, I accidentally bumped into someone. Can anything else get more complicated and wrong!?

"That left a bruise..." I got up from the ground, noticing that the one I had crashed into was Gray-sama, covered in what was left of the cake of his.

"G-gray-sama..." I started to panic, Juvia you really messed up this time!

"Juvia is terribly sorry!" I bowed my head, not raising myself until he spoke.

However, Gray-Sama didn't say anything in the meantime. I did see that he walked my way when I saw his shoes while I was still looking down.

"Just, stay away from me." His voice was scratchy and harsh. Nothing compared to how he spoke with with Natsu-San.

I looked up to see a heart breaking expression that made me feel awful for what I have just done!

"Juvia is really sorry! Please forgive Juvia!" I bowed again. He hates me I thought, I really did it this time.

"Such a pest." He muttered, picking up the cake pieces. "You really are something." He began to walk off and I knew our relationship shattered from the tempest that had come.

"W-what should Juvia do? I didn't mean to embarrass Gray-sama like that...Juvia-"

Before I knew it, my heart ached of this uncommon feeling. Tears slipped out of my eyes, I knew that something inside of me just died.
Why can't I stop crying? Everything happened all too quickly.
••••
<Lucy>
I was walking with Natsu down to the office and I saw Gray, covered in cake as he approached.

"BWHAHA!!!" I started laughing, laughing hard enough to choke on my own laughter.

"Ha, dude. What happen to you?" Natsu sneered with a tease. "Got rejected or something?"

"Shut up." Gray barked, grabbing his collar.

"Huhhhhhhh?!" Nastu got in his face, "you trying to start something you popsicle?"

"Come on guys, quite it." I pulled them apart and Gray started to show his frustrated side.

"Honesty, I never knew girls could be so goddam stupid!" Gray complained.

"Hey!" I slapped the back of his head. "Take that back." I frowned at him.

"It's true. They get in the way." Gray said. "Just a waste of time."

I never thought I would hear those kind of word from him.

"Not all girls are stupid like you think." I said, taking out a cloth for Gray to wipe the cake off his uniform and face.

"Sometimes, we're just difficult to understand. That goes for guys too. A single action will cause ripples you know. An immense wave that follows because of our decisions. Cut us some slack." I said with a soft voice.
••••••
<Juvia>
I'm not okay but I still have to get through today. Just work through it Juvia!

Why does it hurt to talk? I needed Levy. Anyone. I feel weird and uncomfortable. I don't want to be here.

"Juvia-San....?" A mellow voice called for me. "Are you okay? You look pale?"

It was Lucy-San, with her hair down displaying itself like a warm sun.

"Are you okay?" She asked again.

Before I knew it, I lost control of my emotions and balled out in front of her. I knew, everyone was watching. But why couldn't I suppress these feelings?

"Juvia!" Lucy knelt down beside my desk and hid my face from the others. "Are you sick? Injured?" She inspected me. "How about we go to the nurses office."

As she led me down there, I told her everything that happened and she listened through my story, hugging me several times.

"That idiot Gray." Lucy said ticked off. "So that's what set him off."

"No... Juvia's at fault for running in the halls."
Gray-sama did nothing wrong.

"No, it's Grays fault for over reacting." Truthfully, you didn't deserve that side of him. I didn't think he would let this day emotionally drag him."

Lucy crossed her arms and pouted her lips.
Then it became quiet.

"If you want to know why he's expressive today is because Its Gray's teacher's death anniversary today." Lucy explained. "Maybe his emotions just washed out." Lucy thought.

Patting my head she smiled. "It's okay, Gray won't be like this for long. Just try to avoid him for awhile." She instructed.

"Juvia, Juvia will try. Thank you Lucy-San." And again I hugged her, she's so kind for a blond busty women. Different from all the stories I heard before.

"I heard you were going somewhere with Levy-chan later. You should smile and be happy for now, promised?" As Lucy stuck out her pinkie.

"Yeah, promise." I gleamed.