26 | School Spirit

Juvia POV
Before I knew it, the school festival was in a week and everyone of every team and class began making posters and setting up class projects and outside tables.

"Alright so, there are 5 teams. Red, Blue, Green, Purple, and Orange." Levy-chan explained, "throughout the years, you stay in the same team, unless you change it. Though, it rarely happens."

"What team is Levy-chan on?" I asked, hoping she is on the same team as us. She smiled and nodded her head.
"Don't worry, I'm on the Red team, too." She assured. "But as you know, our Lyon is on the Blue team." She nudged my shoulder with a tease.
"This year will be ours." Erza enters the crowd we had made around Levy's desk. She stood with a proud presence, "as long as we have each other, we'll make it." Then, she handed us slips of paper. "Better sign up before slots are taken."

Everyone reached for the papers and I was the last to get one. This seemed like a joyous thing as everyone was so serious about this event.
"Come on Lu-chan, do the relay with me!" Levy grabbed ahold of Lucy-San but she seemed skeptical.

"I don't know..."
"Come on! It will be fun!"
"I would but you know about my leg."
"Is it still not healed?"
"In the process."
Then I intruded, "what happened to your leg?"
"Ah.. Over the summer I injured my leg." Lucy's facial expression was hiding much more, but I know that I shouldn't go any further.
"Can you run? Why don't you take my place?" Lucy asked me.

"Yeah!" Levy agreed.
"I'm signing up too!" Cana hung her arms, "a fresh new team, how 'bout it?"
"I-I guess..." I awkwardly answered.
"Yay!" Lucy patted my back.
-------------
By the end of the day, the slots were released and everyone got there papers back. The green meant they made it in. Red was implied for cuts. Luckily, with with a vibrant check of a green mark, I made the girls relay team.
But little did I know, Levy somehow persuaded Lucy to join. In the end, the team consist of Levy-chan, Cana, Lucy, and I. Followed with other small events.

We also had to make a cheer routine and a theme for our team color. There was word buzzing around that there was going to be a muddy pool tug-a-war. That made the guys all hyped.
I heard from varies girls, that Gray-sama was on the soccer team and football. So was Natsu and Gajeel.
"Thank goodness Laxus is able to come back before the festival." Natsu signed in relief, "best player on the football team."
"Our trump card, huh?" Gajeel said.
"Ever since is minor expulsion for a year, the team has been... You know." Natsu said.
"Thank goodness the coach allowed him back." Gajeel added.

I went up to Mira-San and asked her what she was doing for the festival.
"Me? Uh, I signed up for the beauty contest and swimming." She replied.
"Beauty? They have an event like that?" I questioned, "Juvia has never heard of such things."
"Yeah, I won previous years, but once I tied with a student from Blue."
"Your are stunning." I commented.
"Aw, thank you!"
------------
"Ahh! Juvia-San! Hurry, we're starting the cheer." Another girl grabbed my arm and we ran into the class two doors down.

When we had entered, everyone had stared at me and Levy-chan and Lucy-San giggled.
"Uh-um, SORRY." I apologized, "Juvia-"
"It's alright. Now let's get to it guys! With passion!" Erza was the one who was leading up.
Her enthusiasm had cultivated the spirit of everyone's voice and made it into one.

"Shake your arms! Turn to the left-"
There were stragglers here and there but the beat of the music had kept us in sync after awhile.

An hour had past and we had finished practice. Erza and the student council had praised the students with pizza from the pizzeria from Main Street. I saw Natsu and Gray-sama coming in with cases of water bottles and handed them out.

"Thanks Natsu, Gray!" The girls hurried over and flocked over them. Natsu's expression was the same as always as he escaped from the crowd.
"Come on, don't be like that." The girls grabbed onto his arm and I felt a wavering presence behind me. I turned and saw Lucy's still expression. Hurry Natsu! Go comfort her! Get away from those girls!

"Oi, hands off." Natsu said with a cold stern voice. He looked up and his eyes shot passed me and I knew who he was staring at. A smile rose and it even gave me butterflies.
Then, Gray-sama nudged his arm.
"We have to go."
"Right. See yeah, Lucy!" Natsu childishly waved.
"...stupid." I heard her whisper. She she giggled from his outburst. "See you later!" She called out.
-----------------
During last period, I took a walk with Levy-chan, passing all the stands that were going to be food and game based stands. She said that there was going to be a ice cream truck at the gate of the school during the festival.

"So I heard from our class rep. We'll be doing a Cosplay Cafe. Tomorrow, the characters are going to be randomly selected. So look forward to it!" Levy laughed.
"What's Lucy-san's class doing?"
"Lu-chan? Um if I can remember, they'll be doing a haunted house."
"H-haunted house?" I asked.
"Yup.. Wait- don't tell me your-"
"N-no! Juvia-"
"Then that will be on our list. For things to visit during the festival."
"Y-yes..." I said sullenly.

"Is this your first school festival? You don't seem aware of the basics?" Levy-chan finally noticed.
"Well... There was festivals at my school before, but Juvia didn't show up to any." I confessed, "Juvia was useless, so Juvia didn't bother."
"Useless? Don't say that!" Levy pouted.
"Hehehe...." I gigged.
"W-what? This isn't a laughing matter!"
"No, sorry... Juvia just laughed because he said the same thing..."
"He? Who's that?"

"The one with the silver chained necklace..."