33

*Warning*(Dramatic as hell)

"Nooo, why are you leaving? Can we come too?" She pouted.

"I'll be right back, my love. You can come next time, I promise." I pout my lips to mimic hers and press my lips on hers.

"MMMMWAUH!" I smiled at her. She smiled weakly. "Get dressed, I can take you out to eat afterwards, yeah?" She stayed quiet. I stood there with my arms folded staring at her.

"Fine! Yeah. I'll see you later, baby." She wrapped her small arms around me and hugged me tight.

"Baby, What's wrong? I'm just going to the store. I'll be back, soon." I kissed her head.

"Uh, can you call Tank to go with you?" Azariah had this sad look in her eyes. I didn't understand what she was implying.

"Why? I'll be fine." I try to convince her.

"Tell Tank to go with you or I'm staying at your grandmother's house for the week." This sudden boldness came over her.

"Alright, damn. Don't ever do no shit like that, okay?" I looked at her confused and hurt.

She grabs my phone for me and hands it to me. I sigh and click his contact. Anything for her, right?

"Yo, wassup?" He answered.

"I'm going somewhere with Ray. Baby girl want you to come with me, like, she buggin'."

"I'm around that way, I'll be there soon, slime."

"Thanks, dawg. Love you, see you soon." I hung up the phone.

"All good?" I raise an eyebrow. She nods hesitantly. 

"Baby, What's wrong? Talk to me," I sat down next to her. She shrugs.

"I don't know. Maybe I'm just hormonal. I don't know," she shook her head and lowered it, avoiding eye contact.

"You're not crazy, okay? Because I know that's what you're thinking." She slowly looks back up at me. "I'm not going anywhere far. I promise. I'll be-"

"Jah you can't promise something like that and you know it. All I ask is that you are secure at all times and you can't do that by yourself. I-I know that you go to the gym and you can defend yourself but you aren't bullet proof, stab proof, you're not even car proof- just listen. Be careful, all the time. What happens to us if you get hurt? You don't even talk to-"

In the middle of her teary speech, the doorbell rings. "I'll be right back." I kiss her hand and stand up to get the door.

"Aye Ray, wassup? How are you?" I smiled at him.

"Uh, yeah good," he shrugs, looking around. "You ready?" He turns to leave but I stop him.

"Nah wait, my dude Tankhead gon be here in a second. You can chill inside if you want." I shrug. We are family in the first place.

"Nah, nah. Im coo'. Uh, imma holla' at you later, dawg." And he quickly left the premises. What the fuck?

"Okay..?" I frown and close and lock the door.

"Jah?" Azzy comes from around the corner.  "I knew it. S-Something's wrong with him. Why would he leave after you said T-Tank was coming?" She started to cry and raise her voice a little. And she's not even fucking wrong.

"Yeah, maybe. Uh, can I please have a minute?" I walk off into our basement. I need to think for a bit.

My own family? Was he really trying to set me up for something? But why? I can't fathom the thought of someone having bad intentions for me, especially if this was never a problem to present itself. I was so gullible. To think, I could've gotten seriously hurt or in some real trouble because I wanted to be nice and fix shit that's beyond broken.

I can't trust anyone. I need to realize that. Somewhere along my journey to becoming a better man, I've brought down my guard, thinking I owe the world back. Now I realize just how important I really am. Why am I so stupid?

I shouldn't even be by myself right now. I need my son. He needs me. We shouldn't be without each other and that goes for Riah, too.

Another 45 minutes flew passed before I got the courage to go back upstairs. I didn't see or hear anyone downstairs so I went upstairs. I could hear Azahir faintly crying. My pace sped up. Riah was trying to calm him down but he just screamed his head off. She looked so stressed.

"Baby, go lay down. I got him." I pick him up off the bed and kiss her head. She just sighed and laid down.

"What's wrong?" I asked in a hushed tone. I took him downstairs where his crying wouldn't bother Azzy and laid down on the couch with him on my chest. He was just screaming his little head off.

I let this continue for about five minutes but he didn't let up. So I had improvise.

"Can you please stop crying? I wanna know what's wrong with you. I'll make the pain go away I promise," I used a soft voice, hoping he'd quiet down to listen like usual. But nothing.

"You asked for it..... AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAH" I yelled. He looked startled and stopped. He just looked at me and blink. "Yeah you don't like that shit, do you?" I tilt my head at him. He laughed and moved his head back.

"Hopefully this works for Mommy, too." I smiled. Eventually, I walked back up to our room.

"Baby, are you woke?" I called to her.

"Yes."

I proceed to lay down next to her. "I'm sorry about earlier. It did look really sus, and I felt his bad vibes as soon as I opened the door. You were right. I could've gotten set up, robbed, anything."

She didn't say much.

"Tank came by but I told him you said never mind. Should I call him back?" Her sweet eyes glanced up at me and my heart skipped a beat. How am I still falling in love with her after all this time?

"No, you don't have to worry your pretty little head," I sighed, laying back. Zahir had somehow fallen asleep on my chest. "I'll text him later or something. Are you hungry? Do you need anything?"

"No, but I should drink some water," she frowned.

"I got it." I grabbed one from the pack in our closet. "Dis feed five neegahs!" I spoke in this african voice that she thought was so funny.

"Cut it out," she laughed weakly and started couching.

"Woah, Azzy. Sit up, darling," I laughed. I love making her smile. This is what the fuck love feels like.

"Here drink this." I took the cap off and put the water bottle to her lips.

"Thank you," she laid back down. "Come back to bed."

I set our son in his crib and lay down  beside her, rubbing her stomach.

"If y'all can hear me, don't take too much longer. Everybody's waiting on you two. I hope you're happy and healthy when you get here. We love you." I lean down and kiss the sides of her belly.

"Go to sleep, Jahseh." She brought her hand to my face, kissing it and resting against me.

Only for you, cunt.