16

Azariah

While my baby was still sleep, I got up and made some breakfast for us. His fat ass eats big people food and milk. His teeth might be starting to come in, he's real fussy lately.

I haven't talked to Jahseh since he told me about his house arrest bracelet acting up. I hope they didn't arrest him. Cleo would call right? I don't know.

I galloped around Stokeley's penthouse in an oversized t shirt that belonged to him. After my brother went MIA with his baby mama, he took me in and now he's like my big brother. He always checks up on me when he gets the time. I have yet to tell him about my contact with Jahseh.

Hearing faint cries, I go to my son's crib and pick him up. His head leans on my shoulder while I walk around rocking him. When he's calm, I set him down to eat his oatmeal and banana. I had the same thing. I fed him and soon he was all smiles.

I don't have any photo shoots booked for a while. As a surprise, my manager got me a shoot in Florida. After that shoot, I'm moving down there. I know Jah said I could stay with him but I'm still thinking about getting my own place. That was the point. I still need my own space. Some days, we're not gonna wanna be around each other. His house might be big enough but I want a place too.

My phone rings from the counter. My excitement slowly goes back down when I see it's Stoke calling. "Hello?"

"Hey, princess. How you guys doin?" He asked, smoking something.

"Good. I just made breakfast. How's tour going?"

"It's over, dummy." He laughed. My stomach dropped so hard I think I heard it.

"Already?" I asked.

"Mhm."

"Shit. Okay. Well where are you now?"

"I'm about 45 minutes away. We're still on the bus so they'll just drop me off. I'll be there soon."

"Okay. Love you, bro."

"I love you, Riah." We hung up and I quickly started packing some clothes in suitcases for us. I told Jah I would leave when he got back. Shit, Jah.

I tried calling Jahseh. To my surprise he answered. It sounded like a lot of people were over. "Hello?" He loudly spoke into the phone.

"Can you hear me?"

"I can now." He was in his room with the door closed. "What's up, mama?"

"Stokeley is off tour. The bus is dropping him off in like 40 minutes."

"Oh. So, how do you plan on telling him? Just saying it and leaving? You might as well have done it over the phone."

"No. I was thinking you could talk to him."

He scoffs. "If he lets me. He probably hates me."

"He loves you, stop it."

"Fine. Anything to get my family. Call me right before he gets there, yeah? I got people over."

"Okay. Bye."

"Later, love."

I sighed, getting my thoughts together. I changed my baby's diaper and played with some toys with him. Before I knew it, Stoke was coming through the front door. I quickly called Jahseh.

"Yeah?" His eyebrows were all I could really see.

"He's here."

"Oh shit." He sat up, prepping himself. I swooped Azahir in my arms and let him hold the phone, talking to Jah.

"Stokeley!" I gave him the best hug I could with the baby in my hands. He hugged us both before taking Azahir and kissing his head. "How my nephew get this big? Jesus." He laughed. He set Azahir in his walker, completely disregarding who he was on the phone with.

"Now give me a real hug, mama," he arms snake around me, pulling me closer to him. His head was in the crook of my neck and my arms were around his. He slowly picked me up and took me to a different room. I could only imagine what Jah thinks.

"I missed y'all, man." He kissed all over my face, 'accidentally' pecking my lips. That's where I had to stop.

"Woah," I laughed. "I missed you, too. I have something to tell you, though."

"What is it?" He sits me on his bed.

"My manager just booked a few shoots in Florida for me. I'm gonna be there for a while. And when you were on tour, Jahseh got in contact with me." I paused, looking for a reaction.

"So I'm gonna stay with him. Zahir needs his father in his life. I'd appreciate it if you talked to Jah. Maybe you can come with us."

"You're leaving?" My heart broke. He's done so much for me just to be left for his best friend. Now I can see how Jahseh felt when I booked it here with Stoke.

"Not forever. We're gonna see each other a lot. I plan on visiting whenever I can. I love you. You're my big brother, Stoke. You took care of us. Besides, your girlfriend doesn't like me already. You can fix things with her," I hug him and kiss his cheek.

After a while, we pull apart and I go to check on Azahir. He was still in his walker on the phone. His lazy ass never moves in this thing. He just kinda sits there.

"Da- Da. Say Da," I could hear Jah.

"Dee Teee!!" Zahir yells.

"I'll take it," he mumbled. That was the cutest thing I ever walked in on. I grab the phone and switch it to me.

"What happened? Can I talk to him?"

"Jah?" Stokeley comes up behind me.

"Stokeley Pokeley! I missed you daddy!"

"Already on this gay shit. What's up, brotha. You takin my girl?"

Jah paused for a bit.

"Fuck you mean yo girl? That's all me, fat ass."

"We'll see, big dick bitch."

"Shut the fuck up before I suck yo titties off."

"Alright you being mean. Riah take this nigga back." He hands me the phone.

"Aye, so you cool with her coming here?"

"Yeah, man. You need to be teachin' yo son shit that we can't. Plus she might fight my girl and she calls cops. Can't have both of y'all on house arrest."

"Funny. Well okay. You got my number now, you fat bitch. Call me. Imma send Azzy a flight for 3 in the morning. You can leave most of your shit like toys and shit. I have stuff for y'all already. Just bring clothes. Not a lot though."

"Woah. That's really soon."

"I need to see you as soon as possible. I love you three. I'll see you in the morning, love. Goodnight."

"It's 2 in the- Goodnight Jah."

The things I do for him. Please don't fuck up, Jah.