23

"LOOK JAH!" I excitedly draw his attention to the blue butterflies that seem to gravitate to him. One was on his nose and he had about three in his hair. About five of them flew in circles around us.

"Oh shit," he chuckled trying not to move away. "I think they like my hair."

"Maybe," I smiled at him. I think they like his aura, or his energy. They know he's a graceful being like them.

"Oh what's this one?" I see something else in the distance catch my attention.

"You go ahead I'll be right there.." he lets go of my hand, looking in the opposite direction. I didn't pay much attention and just caught up with Trunks.

"Where Jah went?" He looked behind me.

"He told me to go ahead." I shrug, continuing to take pictures. "Why did we all come here anyway?" I look around at the entourage, half of whom I still don't know.

"I couldn't tell who planned it but it's sort of a gangalang thang, you know? Our own lil family day." He put his arm around my shoulders.

I moved his arm as politely as possible and looked at some neon colored caterpillars that caught my eye.

After half an hour, I got a little lost but I wasn't worried. I had my phone on me and there was staff around if I needed to find an exit. But where the fuck is Jahseh?

I eventually find my way back to the group where everyone was talking and still having a good time. Looks like no one noticed.

"Aye when you get right there?" I see Coolie walking up to me. I just shrug and look around some more for Jah.

"Looking for X?" I look at him and nodded.

"He said he went to the bathroom but I haven't seen him in a while. I thought he was with you." He furrowed his eyebrows.

Why would he be with me if he's in the bathroom. I keep myself from rolling my eyes and nod.

I pull my phone out and texted Cleo to make sure everything was okay with her and Azahir.

"Riah?" My head whips to the vaguely familiar voice calling my name.

Oh My God.

Jahseh

I dapped up Coolie. "Thanks vro. I owe you." I joined the group, not even looking for where Azzy could be. She probably wandered off again.

"Yo X!" I looked over at the unfamiliar voices. Some kids.

"Hey guys!" I smiled real wide and waved. "Don't be scared y'all wanna talk or take some pictures?"

"Y'all favorite rapper a woman beater, like I said. I'm out," one girl left and a boy followed after her. The three remaining kids walked up to me, nonetheless.

Not gonna lie. That shit still hurts, but I'm a new person. Just another reason I don't want them knowing about my son. Damn I feel like Drake. I quickly fixed my face and started talking with the kids.

We talked for a good few minutes and they were so excited. I love seeing them like this.

"Dude you're so chill. Don't listen to them, they spend too much time on Twitter. You got a private Snapchat though?"

"Boy y'all quick with it," I laughed. I gave them that shit too. They deserve it.

"My shit get leaked I'm not posting shit else. I'm trusting y'all," I half joked. They nodded, thankfully taking me serious.

My eyes glance behind them, seeing Azzy's long white wig flowing in the distance. "Aye Riah! Come here real quick."

"Destin, Georgie, Hailey, meet Azariah. This my girlfriend. Thought y'all should know now since y'all got all my other private shit," I laughed. "The world gone know her soon but I thought you should meet her since she's here."

She finally walked up to me. She looked kind of out of it but I'll bring it up later. "Babe, this is Georgie, Hailey, and Dustin. I just met them and they janked me out my private account."

"Oh," she giggled. "Hey, guys. I'm Azariah. It's nice to meet you."

"Oh my god, you too! You're so gorgeous," Hailey blushed. They hugged and Riah thanked her.

"You guys leaving?" Dustin notice some of our group wearing my mercy that we're headed to the exit.

"Yeah. Sorry, guys."

"It's fine," Dustin shrugged. "Meeting y'all was already the best day ever." He smiled.

"You know what? Snap me tomorrow or some time. Where y'all live?"

"Parkway," Georgie half smiled. Kid's real shy. Reminds me of myself.

"Damn I live around there. Tell you what. Y'all can come over this weekend if that's cool with y'all parents." I offered. Of course they accepted.

"Great! See y'all later?" I smiled. They nodded excitedly. I fucking love children. I hugged them all and we were on our way.

Azzy wasn't here. She was definitely walking right alongside me, but she wasn't with me. I could see it in her eyes.

"You good?" I asked quietly, grabbing her hand. She nodded. "Yeah, tired. I miss Jahmeir." She pouted. I stop her from walking and kneel in front of her with my back facing her. "Hop on," I mumbled. I felt her light body gently wrap around mine and I stand up, carrying her to the sprinter van.

"He'll be home tonight, bubba. You sure you okay." I felt her head nod against my shoulder.

"Yes. I love you."

"I love you." I turn my head and peck her lips.

On the ride home, she must have been really drained. She fell asleep in a minute or two. I held her limp hand as she slept, rubbing her knuckles. What would I really do with out her?

I can't even think about that. Not after what happened today. What would she do without me? Maybe a lot. She's gonna be somebody, inevitably. She wouldn't need my help.

I almost wish that wasn't true. I wish I could be more to her. I still can. There's still time. I just don't know how much...