24

Why did she show up? How? Why now? It doesn't make any sense. I need a blunt. I knew exactly where Tank kept some in one of the kitchen drawers. Jahseh was in the living room watching cartoons with Jaheim.

I grab a preroll and drop a twenty in its place. I proceed to the living room where my babies resided. "Baby," I call. They both look over with the same face. I laugh and close the distance between us.

"I'm going in the back to smoke." I gesture to the blunt.

"You still smoke?" He raised in eyebrow, speaking quietly.

"This is my first since I've been pregnant." I told him.

"Want me to smoke with you?" I could practically see his ears perk up.

"Jah you don't smoke anymore. You can stay here with him," I peck his cheek.

"Okay," he nodded, bouncing his leg at a steady pace while Azahir watched tv with his hand in his mouth. I kiss his forehead before walking away.

My arm being pulled makes me stop abruptly. "I love you." He looked me dead in my eyes. I felt all of his emotions in that moment, like we had a deeper bond than before, starting now.

"Jahseh, you are my love." I smiled. I could see him blush and protectively secure his arm around the baby. "I love you, bebe." I kissed his lips softly as he craned his neck since he was still sitting. Then I went to go relieve the little stress I had left. I really didn't need it as much after that.

Jahseh is my drug. He's my pain reliever. He's my superhero, my protector, my world, my life, my love. And he gave me someone to love me as unconditionally as I love him. Someone that will always be a part of us. That's why I wouldn't ever leave him, even if I wanted to.

I finished smoking pretty quickly seeing as I have practically no tolerance. Now where are my loves? I check our room first, which happened to be the jackpot. Seh was scrolling through his phone and the baby in his crib sleeping soundly.

"Hey, papa." I walked in the room, smiling harder than usual.

"Hey baby." He chortled. "I was just thinking about you."

"You're all I think about." I told him, climbing in bed next to him

"Girl you're faded." He jokes, kissing the side of my head.

"Yeah a little." I swing my leg over his hips and he clicks his phone off, pulling me closer.

"You tired?" He runs his fingers through my curls. I shake my head.

"No but I'm a little hungry."

"You must have Tank shit." He cracked a smile. He clapped three times and the lights dim.

"What the-"

"You didn't know it did that?" His raspy voice chuckles. I shake my head, smiling at his happiness. When he smiled, I couldn't help but do the same. Like it was second nature, a reflex.

He caresses my thigh, lowkey lulling me to sleep. Maybe I am tired.

Nah. "Hey Jah."

"Hm?" I feel his head shift and his warm breath on my face.

"How long do you think we'll be together?" I asked curiously.

"What you tryna get with somebody else?" He joked.

"Don't even play like that, Jahseh. That's not funny, I'm serious."

"Okay okay. Uhh, how do I put this?.. Till death do us part." I can see his smile through the dim light.