21

Azariah
I got up around 8 or 9 and made us all breakfast while Jahseh did some laundry. I watched Zahir crawl around the kitchen. He should be walking soon.

Then I hear the doorbell ring. He probably having a whole party, knowing him. "I got it!" I yell to him.

The doorbell rings faster. I swoop up Zahir and look through the peephole with my hand on the doorknob. A little white girl with tattoos, peircings, a bra and shorts on- Do I wanna answer this? Hm Yes.

I swung the door open. "May I help you?"

"Where's Jah?" She gave me the same tone.

"Who's asking?"

"Taylor, he knows me." She tried to step in. I closed the door some.

"I'll be back." I closed and locked the door. 

"X where are you?" I yell, walking up the stairs.

"In the closet." I faintly hear him yell back.

I lightly stomp to his location with Zahir in my arms still. "Taylor at the door for you." I stare him down. He stopped putting clothes away and huffs real deep before walking passed me.

"Stay here." He muttered. I scoff and put Zahir in his walker and baby proof the doorway. I follow behind X until he gets to the door. He looked through the peephole and whispered yelled for me to step away.

"Bitch, why?" I whispered back, reaching for the doorknob.

"Go upstairs, I'll handle it," he smacked my butt and lightly shoved me away before stepping outside and closing the door behind him. I press my ear against the door because tuh- no.

"Why you here, man?" I hear him snap at her. You better.

"So after all we been through, you kick me out, and then kiss me, and now you don't wanna answer the phone- And who is that bitch in yo-"

"Watch yo fuckin' mouth when you speak about her, Aight? Don't come over here with that disrespectful shit. She ain did shit to you. What we had was sex, we didn't have no relationship, we didn't have a connection, we never even had a fuckin meal together. So. Imma ask you nicely this one last time before I have somebody escort you off my property. Go. The fuck. Home. Don't come back here. Delete my number. And leave my family and I alone."

I've heard enough. I step away from the door and return to Jah's room quickly retrieving our son. I resume cooking in the kitchen while Jah came back through the front door.

Zahir was back to his tummy time, trying to crawl. I soon felt his strong arms around my waist, giving me those oh so familiar butterflies. I get them everyday with him. I couldn't stop if I tried.

"What are we having this morning, chef gouyard,?" He smiled in my ear before kissing behind it.

I laughed a little and shrug. "I gotchu bacon, French toast and some fruit. Do you eat grits?"

"I'll try anything you make. Can I make a smoothie for Zahir?" He asked, laying his head on me and swaying us back and forth.

"If you want," I turn my head to peck his lips. When we pull away he pulls me into a longer kiss.

"Love you, baby girl."

"I love you more."

"Lie to me one more time and we might have to fight."

- - -

Okay so turns out Jahseh diD throw a party. A few hours after breakfast, the whole living room was filled with people. Some I met a year ago, some ski introduced me to, and the rest I didn't know.