Chapter Twenty-Nine

I arrived at my moms house and I covered Allister's eyes.
"Cover them. Don't look."
I get out and run to the front door.
"Everyone come to the front door! Get Kumar outside! Wait here and don't say a word!"
I run back and pull Alec out of the my car. I walk him up the steps and close the door.
"Open."

He opened. His eyes, but he looked more confused than anything.
My mom figured it out and tears went down her face. Next was my dad, and the 4 sisters were next.
"Um..." Allister had a tear in his eye. "Jay... Why did you take me here?"
"Because this is a part of life that you should have. We love you, Al. There's no reason to ever do that again."
"Why..."
"Stop asking why. Just accept it." My mom had choked out before turning around to find a tissue.

We were still at my moms house for an hour when I got a call from Misha.
"'l'll be back." I walk outside to take the call and Kumar looked so excited to see me.

I take the call and instantly smile.
"Hey."
"Hi! I was wondering if you want to have lunch with me and my manager?"
"When?"
"In about 10 minutes."
"Um...at the moment I'm at my parents house. I wouldn't make it in time."
"That's alright. Maybe next time?"
"Yep! Alright. I've got to go. I love you."
"I love you, too." He hung up.

I walk back in and ask what I missed and thats when heartbreaking news came through.
"I'm selling Kumar."
"No! You're not selling my dog!"
"Then take him!"
"Alright."

I go step back outside and call Misha back.
"What's up?"
"My mom's trying to sell Kumar..."
"Your dog?"
"Yea...Misha...That's my dog. I can't lose him..."
"Take him. We can pay the pet fee."
"Really?"
"Yes! I already knew you wanted a dog. He's a good dog anyways. Take him."
"Okay! Thank you so much!"
"Of course!" I hung up and let Kumar inside.

"Kumar is my dog. He's coming with me."
I grab his dog food, his bed, Toys, Soap, leash, Collar, everything that was his and throw it into my car. I run upstairs and grab my bulletin board off of my wall and take it with me, along with all of my kumar photos.
"I'm leaving, Al. Lets go."
"I'm staying here tonight."
"Alright."
"C'mon, Kumar." He followed me and jumped into the front seat. I dove off the the apartments and when I arrived, I put Kumar's collar on. I clipped his leash and let him out, going straight to the office.
I knock and the man comes out.
"Dog fees?"
"Yes, sir."
"It's going to be an extra $30 a month. This will pay for the extra cleaning that might be necessary after you move out. There are some rules. All pet vaccinations must be done, he must be on a leash at all times on our property that's outside of your apartment, and you must pick up after him. Thats really it. If he breaks something, replace it. Other than that, you're free to keep him. Try to be mindful of neighbors."
"Alright." I smile and lead Kumar up the stairs and into my apartment.

I start taking his stuff in, leaving the dog food for when Misha gets back.
"Kumar, be a good boy, please. Play with toys, not furniture. I'll be back in an hour or two." I smiled and kept his collar on. Keeping his collar on is something I never did. He hates it but apartment rules are something I have to live by at the moment.
I leave with a bad feeling about what he would do the apartment.
I jump in my car and head to the nearest store.

I went in the store and looked around for something for Misha. It was almost Christmas and I had to get him something. And then I had it.
I ran to the back of the store and grabbed a photo printer and a photo book for memories. I put those in my basket and continue shopping.
Misha has bugged me the whole time about how he was bored that whole time I was in the hospital. I wanted to get him a gaming system. Something he could play when I'm gone. something portable. That Mintendo Switch was perfect for that. I looked at them first, already second guessing it. This was
$300 and you had to buy more games to go with it. We could worry about that after though. I toss it in the car and silently whine to myself.