Chapter Twenty-four

We walk back and take a seat. This time, I sit in Misha's lap to give him some more attention.
"You don't want to sit next me?"
"Nope! My boyfriends lap is better than the couch."
"Is it because he has a dick?" Allister smirks.
"Mmm..." I look up at Misha. "Not really, no. He's more cuddly and cute. Let me see your phone." I say to Misha. He hands me his phone and I use my thumbprint to unlock it. I open up a game and start playing it. I look at the time and then look at Misha.
"Cake?"
"You want to?"
"Yes!"

Misha pulls out the cake and sticks the candle that says 21 on it. He lights it and wraps his arms around me.
They begin singing the birthday song, putting me as the center of attention. They finish as I blow out the candle.
"What did you wish for?" Misha asks.
"I can't tell you. Alec, why are you so quiet?"
"It's nothing." I hand him a plate and he smiles. "I'm starting to calm down for the day."
We each receive a piece of cake.
"Jay gets first bite!" Misha proposes. They watched me as I take a a bite of the strawberry and cream bundt cake. With a finishing cheer, we were all eating the cake.
Allister finishes first and grabs Jacobs backpack he had left behind.
"Alrighty guys...I'm going to head out."
"You walking?" Misha asks.
"Bus." I live up the street. "I love you guys. Happy birthday, Jay, and thanks for giving me a chance to see you again."
"Yep. I love you too, Al."
He leaves and as soon as the door closed, I fell to the floor.

"Hey..." Misha says and drops next to me. "You okay?"
"No! My brothers alive! I don't know what to think, how to feel...where could he have been? I didn't cry because I didn't want to seem weak to him..."
"This isn't something that takes one day to get over."
"Just...I need to be alone." I stand up and walk to the room, leaving him there.
I spent a good hour in the room, sobbing uncontrollably.

I heard a knock on the door, followed up by Misha coming in. "You good?"
"Yea...sorry I left like that... I hope I didn't hurt your feelings..."
"It's fine. I understand. I went out and bought you some oreos... I know those are your stress eating foods."
"You know me too well." I smile and break the ball was in. He sat next to me and wrapped his arm around me. Tears leaked from my eyes as I leaned in closer to him.
"I'm so mad, Misha..." He puts the oreos down and hugs me tightly.
"I know..." He kisses my head and pulls me as close as possible.
"What can I do for you?"
"Just be there. Also, show me something funny."
"Like what?"
"I don't know..."
"Haha...I know..."

He takes his phone and pulls up a video.
"So I have never shown anybody this. I'm super embarrassed about it, but I think it'll make you feel a bit better."
"Okay...?"
He plays the video and pauses it soon after. "This is a video my mom made of all of the times she caught me doing something weird. Starting from when I was 7." He plays it again and it had me instantly laughing.
The video ended and I quickly reached up and kissed Misha.
"I love you." I smile.
"I love you, too."
I reach out and grab an oreo. I pop it in my mouth and lean back into Misha.

We cuddled for a while until Misha fell asleep propped against my back. I smile to myself and pick his phone up. I rewatched that video and my smile grew larger. He quickly woke back up and started touching my arms.
"Holy crap... I forgot where I was for a second!"
"How?"
"I had a weird dream and I was on the beach!"
"You were asleep for 2 minutes."
"What?" He takes his phone from me and checks the time. "Its only 6:27.." He groans and sets his head on my shoulder. "I'm bored."
"Me too. "I reply. "Can I say something random?"
"Yep."
"I want a bird."
"A bird? What kind of bird?"
"One too loud for apartments..."
"Lets hang on until we get a house or rent one. Maybe then we can consider it.

"I'm so bored!" I shout and lay back.
"Me too..."
"I wish we had a pet..."
"Stop hinting, babe. We don't have the right living environment."
"I know..."
Misha gets a call on his phone. He picks up and looks at me with confused eyes.
"Yep...I'm free after 12 tomorrow."
...
"Okay yea... I'll be there. Thanks." He hangs up and looks at me.
"It was a school and they said they want me to go to one of every grade and entertain them."
"Did you get the job then?"
"No. She said it was basically an interview. I think she wants to see how I can entertain them..."
"Then... I'll be right back." I get up and grab my old guitar and bring it back. "You're going to need this." I fix the strings I had pulled off earlier.
"What am I going to do with this?"