Chapter Five

The week was over, and I managed to finish this week with all A's! It was Friday afternoon so Misha was out for football practice. But honestly....I can't take it anymore... He's so sweet to me, despite our past. I don't know why he cares so much about me, but this past week...I began to realize how much he means to me. How much I care about him.

Nothing really felt right anymore. I felt like I was missing a puzzle piece to complete me. But I know who that puzzle piece is. I'm ready to express that side of me.

I hear a knock on the door as I gather my confidence. I unlocked it and greeted Misha, letting him in and closing the door behind him.

Here's that point when I say my heart is going to leap out of my chest or whatever. Because that's how I feel. Maybe I should just talk to him about this whole thing. Nah...that's no-

"How was your day?" He asked, while taking off his shoes.
"Pretty okay. Same as always." I reply, trying not to spit out the words in my head.
I walked in front of him. This better work...

"Look at me." I shortly say as he slowly reverts his gaze to my eyes.
I take two steps forward and pause.
"I can't take it anymore..." I say and grab the collar of his shirt, yanking him into a kiss. His soft lips frozen from shock. I pull away and look him in the eyes again.

"Jay... You know why I didn't come back to the dorm that night? Because I was crying and heartbroken. I kind of realize I'm not exactly ready for a relationship. I don't know if I'm just not mature enough? But I think it's best to not be in a relationship right now. It's been a week since I confessed to you and you said you needed time to focus on your classes,"

I can't listen to him anymore. But I had to...I don't know if he's telling me to wait or if he's full on rejecting me...my train of thought was gone. I can feel the tears swarming my eyes...I feel sick and I just want to go die in a hole. Is this how he felt? Did he feel like death came and smacked him on the back?

"Are you even listening to me?"
I stood there and stared, on the verge of crying.
"Fine." He sighed as he finished taking off his shoes to change them. He grabbed his keys and put his black shoes on, leaving me behind as he slammed the door shut after he left.

At this point...I was basically blacked out. All I remember is falling to the floor and bawling my eyes out. It kind of felt like I deserved this in a way. I rejected him, and it's my turn now. May as well shout it out to the world. "Ooo, look at me! I've ruined my chances with the guy I like the most!"

When I finally zoned back in, here I was, on my bed. When I sat up, Misha was there laying against the backside of his bed, with his phone on a high brightness.
"I'm sorry..." I say quietly, but loud enough for him to hear it. My voice was quivering from the amount of crying I had done. My head hurt like hell too. He got up and came to the opposite side of the bed that I was on and took a seat on the edge.

He pointed his phone to me.
It was a conversation he had with his mom.
To sum it up, it says his mom had gotten into a car accident and was barely able to make it out.

"That's why I've been harsh today so don't be sorry because it's my fault."
I had nothing to say. Now was an awful time for me to do this.
"I told you earlier but you were probably lost in thought because I was basically yelling at you. So..."

He scooted behind me and wrapped his arms around me.
"I'm sorry. Do you forgive me?"
"I-Yea..." I said quietly.
"I take it that right now we're not square."
"We're not?"
He grabbed my chin and pulled my face up to meet his gaze. He closed his eyes and kissed my lips gently.
When he released, he dropped his hand from my chin.
"There we go! We're square now."

I put my head down on his shoulder and closed my eyes. I felt him grab my hand and start messing with my fingers.
"What are you doing?" I ask him.
"Messing with your hands. Have you ever been told that you have small hands?"
"No?"
"Well...you do."
I didn't really want to ruin the moment or anything...but I feel like I'm about to sneeze.
I took my head off his shoulder and used my arm to cover my sneeze. I sneezed and Misha started laughing!
"What?"
"You have the cutest little sneezes I swear!"

"Well... I don't know! They're just quiet!"
He ran his fingers through my hair gently, not tugging at the obvious knots in there.
"Hmph...This isn't fair. How come you're so perfect?" He said quietly.
"What makes you say that?"
"Your personality, your face...your attempt to do laundry?"
"Shut up! You said we would never speak of that again!"
"Whatever! It was cute."

"Hmm...what was that?" I joked playfully, while playing with his hoodie string.
"I said it was cute."
He continued combing his fingers through my hair.

"What time is it?"
He shuffled around to grab his phone. 
"It is....1:43 in the morning."
"Are you tired?" I asked. I didn't want to keep him up if he was tired.
"Nope."
"Me neither."
"Well you were asleep on the floor when I came back, or course you aren't tired, dummy."

"I have practice early in the morning but I'm going to skip it to hang out with you."
"You don't have to... Plus...your coach gets mad when you skip a day."
"So what? I'd rather hang out with you."

Eventually we stopped talking and just cuddled with an occasional kiss. He ended up falling asleep while I was in his arms so I just had to share my bed with him.
As I was slowly drifting off, I kind of realize that it has been like....forever since I've had a bag of chips. And I kind of want sun chips.

These are basically like shower thoughts but...before I sleep thoughts. Like...why do you say record, and record differently when they're spelled the same? Whatever...
I finally fell asleep and dreamt about Misha and I walking down the sidewalk at a park and throwing away full cones of ice cream.

When I woke up Misha was freshly showered and already walking around to wake up some more.
I just sat there and watched him pace around in circles some more.
He turned towards me and laughed a little.
"Did you sit there and watch me pace for 3 minutes?"
"1 and a half." I corrected him and smiled.
He walked in my direction and kissed my forehead.

"Is it weird that I really want sun chips?"
"Mmm...not really. I love sun chips." He replied.
"Can we get some today? I haven't had them in a fat minute..."
"Well, get ready then, sleepy head!"

I have a few things to say! I'm sorry that this chapter might seem cheesy, and this chapter is incredibly late...and it's a little bit shorter than the rest. I've been pretty busy this past week and I was unable to work on the chapter. When I did start working on it, It actually turned out worse than this. I deleted the whole thing and tried it again. So I'm sorry and thank you for your patience. I'll try to be better about things and also make the story less cheesy...