Finally Free

“So, you’re ok with Sam and Ellie?” 

“Of course I am” I said bored

“You don’t sound it” 

“I’m bored Matt... It’s raining”

“Go for a run”

“I would but...”

“But what” Matt interrupted

“My dad’s here, don’t want to leave him alone at camp”

“Well... take him with you, have a father son moment” Matt said trying to sound encouraging, he was a good friend like that, always tried to make you feel better.

“Ok... so what next?” I asked bored as I fiddled with the phone cord

“Well... live, enjoy being Mark free and wait until your new pack members get here, and try to talk to your dad... he misses you, a lot, he almost killed me for not telling him where you were” he laughed

“Why didn’t you?” I asked curiously

“I wanted to ask you if you’d like to see him first” he sounded a bit unsure “I know you probably would have said yes anyways but still”

“Yeah I would have” I was annoyed now

“Well, I have to go ok” 

“Sure...” I sighed “Anything else you need to tell me?”

“Yeah, watch out for the vamps, they aren’t the nicest people every, at least not the guys that are near you”

“Sure thing” 

“Talk soon Tilyer” he said before hanging up.

I put down the phone and looked around, the hall was empty... Chase was in his cabin. Zoe, Chris, Ashley and Joe were all in Chris and Zoe’s cabin, I think they were playing a board game or something, I remember them saying something about watching a movie so I guessed they would come here soon. I planned on asking my dad if he wanted to go out running with me, and I was glad the others would watch a film, to be honest all I wanted right now was to spend time with my dad.

Just then they all walked into the hall.

“Hey Tilyer” Joe said smiling “Want to watch a movie with us?”

“No thanks...” I shook my head “I want to spend time with my dad this afternoon”

“Sure” he said still smiling. They all went towards the TV we kept in the corner and picked out a film, all except Ashley who walked up to me and hugged me.

“You ok?” she asked worried

“Yeah I’m fine” I smiled at her

“You sure you don’t want to watch the movie?” she kissed me gently

“No, want to catch up with my dad... haven’t seen him since I was a small kid”

“Sure” she smiled back and kissed me before walking over to the others.

I was glad she understood, at least I hoped she understood, for me seeing my dad was something I had wanted to do for a long time, even if I had dismissed him and put him down as a useless dad who didn’t care at all.

I walked out into the rain and quickly headed for my dad’s cabin, I knocked and entered. He was lying on his bed reading a book. There wasn’t much else to do.

“Hi” I said slightly unsure

“Hey kiddo” he smiled as he sat up, I couldn’t help but smile back and feel warm inside when I saw him smile at me, it was like I’d lost him forever and found him again.

“I was wondering” I began not sure how to continue “Do you want to go out? Like running or something... as wolves?” 

“Sounds great” he said standing up “I’ll get changed here and you get changed in your cabin, and I’ll meet you outside in a few seconds”

“OK” I smiled back and ran back to my cabin. Once inside I shifted in the middle room and then ran outside, pushing the door closed with my head. 

My dad was waiting out in the rain for me. As I walked up to him he smiled.

“Whoa...” he began “You look a lot like me”

“I guess I do” I smiled back, I was a bit surprised he was talking to me, then again I guess we might not need a bond since we were blood related.

“You’re so big as well, it’s amazing, I thought I was the only one this big” he laughed slightly

“Thanks” I didn’t really know what else to say

“So... where to now?” 

“How about a tour, I can explain where I fought Mark, stuff like that, and take you around the territory?”

“Can you stay a wolf that long?”

“Dad... I can stay a lot longer than you think, and I can shift a lot better than you may think” I laughed, he still had a lot to learn about me

“If you say so” he smiled back “Well... you lead the way”

“Sure” I smiled and started to run.

I enjoyed this feeling, just running free with my dad, and I was just that... I was finally free.