The Omega

I woke up at around 9AM due to the fact I couldn’t sleep well because of Joe. Ashley was still sleeping peacefully so I carefully got out of bed without making a sound.

I walked out of my room and into the bathroom where I closed the door to avoid waking Ashley up. I took off my shirt and turned around to stare at my back in the mirror, and sure enough I was healed up pretty well. It was as if the wounds were years old now, only pale scars remained. 

I walked out of the bathroom and back into my room where I picked up some shorts to get changed before realising I was already in clothes since I fell asleep dressed... guess I was still half asleep.

I was about to leave to see Chris when Ashley woke up.

“Hey...” she said her eyes barely open

“Go back to sleep” I smiled

“No... We have stuff to do, take care of Joe, remember?” she pushed herself up and sat on the edge of the bed, burying her head in her hands and rubbing her eyes, she sounded like she could just fall asleep sitting there

“I know, but you need to wake up. So you go get changed and have a shower or whatever else, then you have breakfast, and I will call a pack meeting later on when everyone is up. So go back to sleep if you want” 

“Sure” She replied still half asleep as she flopped back down onto the bed, Ashley liked her mornings sometimes.

I kissed her forehead as she smiled before leaving my room and out the cabin. It was a pretty nice morning to be honest, sun was shining, no cool breeze, and not a cloud in the sky. I entered Chris’s cabin without knocking; only hoping he wasn’t indecent.

“Chris, we gotta talk” I shouted as I stood in the entrance

“In the bathroom, come in” he replied from behind the closed door. I walked in to find him staring at his shoulder in the mirror.

“Want to explain Tilyer?” he said as he pointed to his healed shoulder.

“We heal faster than humans... it’s a shape shifter thing” I smiled lightly

“Oh...” he paused “Well that is a relief because I thought I was going crazy” he laughed

“Nah, you’re not crazy yet” I laughed back, even his light sense of humour could make me laugh out loud more.

“Anyways” I said as I stopped laughing “We have business to take care of” 

“Joe” Chris finished my sentence for me

“Yup, do you know if he’s up?” 

“No idea, I hope not” he shrugged at the question

“Well, I'm going to check if Zoe is up and eat breakfast, then check if Joe is awake”

“I’ll get Zoe” Chris said quickly

“Why so... so...” I struggled to find the word I wanted “Insistent...”

“No reason” he said looking away into the mirror, trying to avoid eye contact

“She’s in your room isn’t she?”  I said slowly “How many times is this?” 

“Second time... look, it’s no big deal ok, we jus-”

“Whoa, I don’t need to know ok” I interrupted him not wanting to find out the rest

“Ok, well, go eat and check on Joe, it’s still early-ish so he might still be sleeping” he said as he started to brush his teeth

“I know, I know” I said as I turned to leave “See ya later”