Communication

I closed the book and turned to Ashley.

“Well that was... interesting” she said as she smiled at me

“Very” I agreed “If not a tiny bit complicated”

“Just a bit” she laughed “are we going to go tell the others?”

“Yeah... tonight whilst we’re eating”

“Alright, then I guess its pizza making time” 

“Yeah, I’ll join you in a bit, first I'm going to grab some fire wood and then I want to get rid of the deer”

“You taking the quad bike?”

“Probably, how else am I going to drag him away?”

“True....” she paused “Wait, where are you going to put him?”

“Probably North East” there was a small ravine there. We normally left all our kills because it was natural and it’s where we killed them, however this one we hadn’t killed, so I might as well try to get rid of it somehow.

“Ok, well, I’ll see you later” she said before kissing me and walking out of my room.

Whilst Ashley headed to the main hall to make the pizzas I put my book away and put on my watch before heading towards the little outhouse. Chris and I had started to make a small pile of logs and other pieces of wood we could burn for the campfire, we eventually did get fed up of having to go find wood every time we wanted to make a fire.

I grabbed a few logs and took them to the fire pit. I liked making fires but this time it seemed... I don’t know, just different. This wasn’t going to be a fun campfire, we were literally waiting for Mark to make a move and the only enjoyable bit of this evening will be telling them all about how we can communicated as wolves and how to make the link and how much experience we need.

I carefully placed the logs in a kind of tepee shape because it burnt well and looked kinda cool. I started to think about how the whole telepathy thing worked, it was kind of cool, but complicated in some ways.

 After I had set the wood out I went to help Ashley with the pizzas, five of them this time. My pizza had extra cheese, ham, and mushrooms, Joe decided to take the same as me. Chris had ham, pineapple (I don’t even know why we had a pineapple), Zoe had olives with hers, and Ashley had the same as me and Joe but with olives, personally I couldn’t stand olives.

We got the pizzas ready and placed them on the metal grill or rack we had. It was pretty handy because they all fitted nicely.

“Remind me how we’re gonna cook these?” Ashley said confused

“I need to get some stones, or bricks, make stands, and we place the grill thingy and the fire or what’s left of it should cook them” I smiled

“And do you have the stand things ready?” she looked at me with a look that said ‘I told you so’

“Well....” I paused

“Go get it ready then” she laughed as she slapped my butt

“Hey, my ass, no touch” I laughed back

“Whatever, go get it ready” she smiled at me before turning to wash her hands “Well, I need to go get ready, and I’d like a shower, so, see you later”

“Ok, see you later” I smiled as I leaned in to kiss her

“Have fun” she said before kissing me and turning away to go to her cabin.

I walked back outside and checked the outhouse for bricks, and god knows why but we had some, a small pile of them, I don’t know why but we did, but I assumed they must be the ones left over from building something here. I picked up about twelve hoping three in each corner would be enough to hold the grill up high enough to cook the pizzas without burning them.