Victory

I woke up slowly. I opened my eyes slightly and battled to keep them open. When I finally did keep them open I moved my head to look at my arms. They were bandaged up but I couldn’t see blood. I slowly sat up and undid one of the bandages. The wounds were healed... wait what? I looked at my watch and the time indicated 2:47PM. I had either been out for about an hour and a half... or... shit... had it really been a whole day? I got up and took the other bandage off... I was lying in a bed, specifically my bed, with no recollection to how the heck I had got here but I guessed someone carried me here. I took the other bandage off and threw them in the bin; they still had small blood stains on them so I guessed this may have been my second or third pair of bandages.

I was dressed in shorts, same ones I had worn when I had the fight and there was a blanket on the floor, it probably covered me until I pushed it off me whilst I was sleeping. I wasn’t wearing a shirt so I guessed I had just been carried and laid on my bed, they wouldn’t have tried to move my arms with my wounds. 

I wonder who bandaged me up, and who carried me over? I shook my head before going to take a shower. 

After a good twenty minutes I got out and got changed into some black shorts and a black shirt. I slipped on my shoes and stepped outside. It was pretty sunny and warm I guessed. The scars on my arms looked ugly, larger than most of my other ones, and a lot deeper. I checked the back of my arms to see that on each there were two very small scars, which meant Marks claws had gone all the way through... at least four on them (two on each arm).

I looked around and saw no one... main hall?

I walked slowly over to the main hall where the doors were open and I could hear everyone talking.

“What if he doesn’t wake up” Chris said loudly

“He will!” Ashley shouted back

“Guys....” Joe said slowly “We should just calm down, and wait till he wakes up.”

They kept arguing and I stood outside just listening to them.

“He has to pull through” Zoe said quietly “He has to”

“Chris...” Ashley spoke again “Chris, it’s going to be alright”

“He nearly died for me once!” He shouted again “He nearly died for me, he risked his life and saved mine... and I stood there! I stood there when I could have helped; he’s my brother Ashley...”

“I know...” She replied slowly

I decided now may be a good time to enter. I slowly walked into the room to see Ashley sitting in her usual seat on my right next to Joe, Zoe was sat next to Chris holding his hand and Joe was opposite them... simply waiting. Chris was distressed... he looked... well... in pieces.

“You fucking asshole” he shouted at me, he had been the first one to see me and I really hadn’t expected this to be his reaction.

“What have I done?” I said worried

“You scared the fuck out of me!” he shouted as he ran up to me and hugged me “Never... ever, do that to me again ok?” 

“I promise” I smiled as I hugged him back.

He smiled and stepped away giving room for the others.