A Promise Kept

I was sitting down under a tree, it was lunch time.

We always came here, why? Because if was peaceful, calm, and had hardly anyone around, meaning less idiots to annoy us.

“Heads up.” Chris said energetically as he threw a tennis ball at me.

I jumped up, grabbed the ball in mid air and as I landed I threw the ball back at him, I hit the ground with my head down.

I looked up to see my friend on the floor with his hands on his stomach.

“You ok Chris?” I asked as I walked towards him

“Yeah, but geeez don’t throw it so hard” he laughed

I continued “well don’t freaking throw it at me then.” I laughed as well and helped him up.

“Asshole up ahead.” Alex commented,

“What...” I was confused until I saw Mark walking towards us, what the heck was he doing here?

I remembered what happened yesterday and thought this would be a good time to check up on his promise.

“What the heck is he doing here?” Chey said in disgust as he approached,

“Does he want a fight?” Chris carried on,

I sighed and ran towards Mark.

“Hey Tilyer” Mark smiled at me,

“Hey, um, remember these guys don’t like you right?”

“Oh yeah I know.” He kept smiling as if the world meant nothing.

“So what the heck are you doing here.” I have to admit, I was slightly pissed off, since when did he have the right to come here, I pulled my lips back a tiny bit to show my teeth.

Realising I wasn’t a wolf and that the intimidation wouldn’t work, I shut my mouth and waited for his answer.

Mark took two steps back before speaking, “Sorry, I was just wondering if you needed anything.”

“Yeah, I need space, time, Mountain Dew, and some Cash.” I replied without thinking.

Mark asked nervously “How much?”

“A lot.”

“Ok... I’ll have that for you tomorrow, now I must go before the others get suspicious, “See ya.”

Mark then ran back off into the distance, wait what.

Was he serious, he was going to give me Mountain Dew and money for no reason... wow?

“What was that all about?”

“Nothing Chris, just nothing.”

“Well it wasn’t nothing if he came here and you talked to him Tilyer.” Chris said angrily.

“Yeah ok, so what I talked to him, long story, not leave it, he isn’t any trouble to us yet, after the fight I had with him I'm sure he’s probably just scared to get on my bad side again.” Which wasn’t exactly a lie, but my friends still didn’t know who I really was, I was intending to keep it that way till I had full control of my wolf side.

The day passed and so did the night, and before I knew it, it was lunch time again, hadn’t tried to shift and hadn’t heard from Mark since yesterday, or Joe and Jack since the fight.