Joe...

The sun was starting to set and Chris and I were getting ready to head out, I hadn’t really eaten much but I didn’t mind, I was too preoccupied with the idea of Joe to eat.

“You ready?” I asked Chris as we stood outside next to the dying campfire.

“Yeah, so, what’s the plan?”

“Plan is simple, we shift in our cabins, leave, find Joe, and we either make him back off, or kill him.” I kind of sounded mean now.

“Can’t we just... I don’t know, not kill him?” Chris said slightly worried

“It depends...” I paused for a second “Depends if he tries to kill us or not, and if he nearly succeeds, if we can get him to shift back into his human form, and by that I'm saying we are going to need to seriously hurt him a bit, otherwise he won’t shift back.”

“Sure... at least we won’t kill him” he stopped and started to think for a bit “Wait.... what are we going to do with him afterwards?”

“Now you mention it... I have no idea...” it was true, I did have no idea “If we let him go, he could try to kill us again and what would be the point in going to get him if we just let him go at the end of it without anything?”

“A warning?” 

“True... but still, you get my point”

“Yer” Chris said laughing “I get ya”

“You could take him back here.” I turned round to see Ashley walking towards us “We could keep him here, try to make him better, it could work, and he could give us information, and in case it does all go wrong and he stays bad, we kick him out and well... he’s screwed... you can even kill him but I think Mark would do that for betraying him possibly?”

“No... Mark would want him alive after he joined so he could find it easier to get us” I said whilst still thinking about what she said, to be honest her idea wasn’t that bad, it made sense, and it might work, and if we could help him be nicer then why not.

“We never said he would join!” Ashley said quickly

“I know but, in case he does... you said it yourself when you said kick him out” 

“True...” Ashley said softly, I simply smiled back at her.

“You know what, I think she’s right” Chris said suddenly as he looked up “We can’t exactly lose much unless he backstabs us and then we can make him pay, so I'm pretty sure he won’t.”

“Maybe... how about we just take him back, make him better, and by that I mean heal him a bit, dress his wounds and so on, and then, once we know he is on our side, then we can ask if he would like to join the pack?” I didn’t like the idea of simply adding him to the pack; he was still too much of a threat.

“Sounds good, now what about Mark, he’s gonna be with Joe, he will want him back” Chris sounded worried, if not suspicious as to why Mark wasn’t with him, or so that’s what we thought.

“Well... we have no idea where he is, and we can work that out as we go along.” I smiled trying to be positive.

“Sure thing” Chris nodded

There was a small moment of silence before Ashley spoke.

“So when are you guys leaving?”

“Now I guess” I shrugged because I was ready and simply waiting

“Yup now” Chris agreed “I’m going to go and shift, meet you back here in a few seconds

“Sure thing” I nodded as he turned around to leave.

The Wolf (Book 1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara