Morning Fight

Chris and I stood side by side, waiting... waiting for the attack to start. What was I thinking right now? How was I feeling? Well... nervous, scared, thrilled. I didn’t want Chris to get hurt, and I knew that something could go wrong at any second, and one wrong move could result in a bad ending.  I wasn’t just worried about him I was scared, he had been dragged into this huge mess on my own account, sure it wasn’t my fault he was a shape shifter but it was my fault that those three idiots were after us, if anything happened to him I don’t think I’d be ever be able to forgive myself.

Why the thrill?, because beating these guys up was something I had wanted to do for a long time and I wanted payback from the first fight where they kicked me to the ground and swore to leave me alone... at least Mark did.

As either Joe’s or Jack’s howl rang out to be heard by me and Chris joined by the other ones howl, Chris looked at me, I could tell he was worried, but at the same time I knew he had no intention of losing this fight, beating them up was something we had both wanted to do for a long time, I was sure he was going to enjoy this... that’s if he didn’t get beaten up first.

Jack and Joe stepped out from behind some tress in front of us and slowly walked forwards.

One of them was a light brown almost orange coloured wolf, he had deep green eyes and was a bit smaller than me, roughly the same size as Chris, I guessed this was Joe as he had shifted his eyes in front of me once before at school and they had shifted green. The other one was a dark grey wolf with a lighter grey underbelly; he had brown eyes, so this one must be Jack seeing as Mark I guessed to be the bear.

The two stopped around thirty meters in front of us.

There was a small pause, as if time stood still, I could almost smell the tension in the air, the pressure rose and Jack was more than eager to start, his brown eyes challenging Chris’s own brown eyes.

Joe had his eyes set me on as were mine on him. I wanted payback from kicking me when I couldn’t see, that had been a cheap shot, especially for him. He smiled harshly at me as if to say I was going down, little did he know he would be the one going down.

The tension broke as Jack snarled and started to sprint towards Chris; Joe followed and headed for me. I growled and with that I and Chris were off.

As I ran forwards I was more worried about Chris’s attack than mine, but I didn’t have the time to worry about it, within seconds I was face to face with Joe,  I lowered my body as he jumped up at me. I pushed back up using my back legs to slam into his front almost like a tackle in American Football. I bit down on his shoulder and then pushed him all the way back over onto his back smashing him onto the hard ground.

He yelped as he landed and rolled over. I let out a low growl telling him not to get up, but the persistent guy he was got up and smiled. We circled each other for a bit making a full 360 turn. After one full turn I got tired of it and leaped out at him.

I slammed into his side and rose up on my back legs, hitting him with my front paws and snapping my jaws near his face in mid air, I then turned back round to make another attack. I attempted to kick him using my back legs but I didn’t pay too much attention.

Joe had been waiting for a moment like this and like an idiot I had let my guard down as he dodged and buried his teeth into my own shoulder. I felt the pain running down my neck and the chills down my spine; no way was I going to let him beat me. I spun round and reached out with my right paw catching his side and leaving four deep scratches on his side.

Joe yelped again and turned around, this time too busy looking at his wound that to fight. I seized my opportunity and quite viscously bit down on his back. He yelped once again and then back away whimpering, he was scared, and I couldn’t believe he would give up this easily. I was almost certain he had one last thing left to give.