Visitors

It was mid July. A month had passed since he and I had arrived at camp and made it our new home, we had only left camp twice with Bob to go into town, and each trip took up our whole day.

The first time we didn’t even buy anything, we just went out to watch a movie and eat pizza because we wanted to do something different that day and I admit it was pretty stupid but well worth it, however our latest trip which took place last week was primarily shopping.

We were lucky Bob owned a large truck with a lot of room because we bought a lot, and by a lot I mean a lot. We had bought loads of food, mainly noodles because we loved them so much, candy, chocolate, some soup, and fruit. We also found that our little outhouse had some gardening tools so we tried our best to grow our own fruit and vegetables... but that wasn’t working out too good.

We also bought some flash lights, a few board games, a TV, and DVD player like we had promised and a ton of random movies. Apart from all the stuff we didn’t need, we did buy a few useful things, like I managed to get Bob to buy me a hunting knife which I might need, and Chris went to stock up on pens, paper, and anything else we might need. We also got ourselves some new watches to actually be able to tell the time and a new clock for the main hall. I also got myself a digital alarm clock because I might actually need to get up in the mornings.

We spent the rest of what we had left of our day putting away stuff, and I was busy checking out my new knife and sharpening it, did I mention I got something to sharpen knives?

Today was a Wednesday as our trusty calendar informed me and it was a good day. The skies were clear and the sun was shining nicely like it did on most summer days here. Chris was probably still sleeping. I glanced at my watch and shrugged.

1:48PM yeah he was still sleeping.  Chris had been rather lazy other the past week and to be honest I didn’t blame him. After our first hunt together here when he nearly blacked out I decided to train him up whilst also training myself.

We had spent about three weeks of hard training and it had really paid off. We practised shifted everyday for three weeks. We fully shifted each day anywhere between twice and ten times  depending on the weather, our moods and what we were going to actually do. Sometimes we would just shift back and forth twenty times just to practice.

Chris could now shift on the spot and all the hard work had paid off, it only took him a few seconds to shift if he closed his eyes and didn’t move, we had tried to make him shift whilst running but we didn’t have any luck so far.

I could now shift on the spot wherever and whenever, but most importantly not matter what I was doing. I could shift within seconds whilst running and Chris had insisted that if he pushed himself to new limits in shifting then so should I. Chris had also insisted on practising partial shifts so every now and then we tried to focus only one body part at a time, some of them didn’t work though, in the book I read it said we could shift our paws, eyes, ears, teeth, and even our muzzles if we tried hard enough, but partial shifts were a lot harder than full shifts because you need to try and peacefully have a part of each of your forms which your body didn’t like much.

Chris came up with a crazy idea that I should try to shift mid air, purely because it would look awesome. We started out with my jumping over logs, fallen down trees but the gap where I was in the air was always too small and I always shifted just before or after, I had gotten closer recently but Chris decided to make me do something else instead.