Spell Shifter

I leaned forwards and picked up a slice of pizza from the grill and took a bite into it as Joe continued to speak.

“So anyways” he continued “After the fight, we were all scared for our lives, and one day after school, I was on my way home, in uniform, and this guy came up to me and asked if I knew a guy named Tilyer, he didn’t use your last name though.”

“No one ever does, and anyways, I think we should drop surnames”

“Why?” Ashley asked

“Because we aren’t the people we used to be, we can figure out our new surnames later” I said pointing back to Joe as I finished my slice of pizza and picked up a new one.

“So, as I was saying, this guy comes up to me, and obviously, I was shocked when he mentioned you, and from my facial expression he could probably tell I knew you. Anyways, he said if I wanted to be like you, to meet him a few days later at his house, which I’m guessing wasn’t actually his house because he had a weird accent.” He paused “I went to tell Mark and Jack, but... I twisted the truth slightly, I said he heard me talk in the middle of town, I didn’t want Mark to know he was trying to find you, because god knows what Marks reaction could have been to that.”

“Whoa... Thank you” I said surprised yet grateful

“You’re welcome” he smiled back

“Anyways, Mark thought it would be a great idea and convinced us it would be for the best, so we all met up and before starting his spell, he told us he was a very powerful witch and we would have no control over our Shape Shifting animals, only he would, and because of our build he made two of us wolves, and one of us a bear... Mark was the bear of course.”

“Did you say witch?” Zoe asked

“Yes... Witch is the term for both Male and Female. Wizard isn’t the male form, if you read any books on Wicca or just magic in general, you will notice they all use Witch for both male and female.” Joe said smiling “Rick told me this”

“Who’s Rick” I asked

“He was the witch” Joe replied “So, back to the story, he also warned us it would amplify certain characteristics which he wouldn’t know, but we would find out soon enough. For mark, that was anger, arrogance, short temper, and unreliability, for Jack is was arrogance, insulting, and teasing, and for me.... well for me it wasn’t as bad, because I wasn’t bad to start off with and only hung out with them for fear of being picked on otherwise, I was just a lot more into reading, staying quiet, and not much of a fighter if that makes sense.”

“Makes sense” I replied as I picked up my fourth slice of pizza “So... what else did Rick tell you?”

“He told us that you” he said pointing at me “You’re something called a Blood Shifter, and I was a Spell Shifter. You’re a Blood Shifter because you have shape shifter blood in you, must have come from either you’re dad, you’re mum and in rare cases you’re grandparents, but then again even that would be passed down to your parents, but it can in rare cases skip a generation, it’s weird and I wasn’t explained how it worked so I couldn’t tell you, but even if the people who passed down the Shape Shifter blood to you couldn’t shift, it still means you might be able to. So because you guys didn’t use magic, I’m also assuming the rest of you are Blood Shifters, so your family probably or most definitely has Shape Shifter blood in it, although not many people with Shape Shifter blood can actually shift, you guys are just the lucky ones. Being a Blood Shifter means it makes your abilities to shift easier and you can control yourself more.” He paused as he picked up some more pizza and started explaining again “A Spell Shifter, so people like me, Mark, and Jack, it means a spell was used on us, so magic, and it takes a lot more training to shift easily, which is why we were away for two months, Rick was training us for a bit and he had to go and we never heard from him again, to be honest he was a bit of an ass. Apart from that we find it more difficult to control our urges, like the urge to hunt, kill, the urge and want of revenge, stuff like that.”

“I think Rick is dead” Chris said suddenly as he leaned back “I think Matt killed him”

“Who’s Matt?” Joe asked confused

“The guy who took us in” I explained

“Oh... want to explain?” he asked

“Sure thing” I said as I grabbed another bit of pizza before I started to explain.

We spent the rest of our time explaining who we all were, what our story was, and how we ended up here in camp. Once we all finished talking it was about 11:30PM so we all headed out to bed. Ashley followed me to my cabin and tapped my shoulder when I reached the door.

“Hey, um I was wondering, since we’re both Alphas, and I guess in a way mates... could I just move in with you? I mean we have no spare cabins so we might as well?” she looked slightly worried

“Why not” I smiled and kissed her

“Can I move in tomorrow?”

“Ok, sounds good” I smiled “You wanna sleep here tonight?” I asked pointing behind me to my cabin

“Sounds good” She smiled and kissed me.

We both walked into my cabin, which I guess now was our cabin and I put my book on my table. Before turning round and kissing Ashley again. I put my arms around her waist as we kissed and she did the same. I felt sort of strange, like... I don’t know, it’s a weird feeling to describe but it was nice, like somehow, you knew the person in front of you was the one, the one person you would always want in your life.

We kept kissing and I lifted up her shirt slightly and ran my hands along her back, she did the same but took my shirt off instead, I kissed her slightly faster and took her shirt off. I ran my hand up and down her back, occasionally catching my fingers on her bra.

She pushed me away slightly, just enough so we weren’t kissing but still hugging. 

“Bet you can’t take it off” she said quickly before pulling me back in. 

“Bet you I can” I said as we made out

“Go on then” she said cheekily as I ran my hand over her bra and single handily took it off. 

“Well screw you then” she laughed

“Likewise” I replied as we walked back and fell onto the bed.

We kept making out and she ran her hands along my back and over my scars, it felt weird, loosing feeling every now and then as she went over a scar I had acquired during a fight. I had always thought when you met the right person you’d feel weird, like tingles maybe when you touched, but turns out it just feels like you’re life is suddenly filled with so much more, and you just feel warm on the inside.  I reached over and turned off the lights.

“I love you” I smiled at Ashley, not really knowing if she could see me or not “and I think you’re my mate” I hugged her and kissed her neck waiting for a reply.

“Same here” she said as she hugged me tightly.