Part 17

I'm becoming really addicted to this fan fiction. Omg Amanda calm down!!

I Toby

I burst in the door. But what I see blows my mind. Kat grabbed her mothers wrist which was above Kat's head. How did she catch it? If this wasn't such an intense scene I would probably shout 'Go Kat'. But I knew that I shouldn't have done that. Kat looks upset but looks mad.

"How dare you!" Her mom backs away then falls down. Kat goes up to her room. I instinctively follow her. Her moms looks bewildered. She dumps everything out of her backpack. She looks pissed off so I don't say a word. She starts to stuff clothes into her backpack.

"Come on." She says then grabs my hand. She goes out the window. Then I follow her.

"Kat what's going on?" I'm so confused.

"I'm done with her, I'm seriously done. She blames me for her life. Go damn she's the one drinking all the time! That's what I get for being calm and considerate? She tries to slap me because of her mistakes. Well then she-" I interrupt her because I find my arms around her. She stops talking and embraces me tightly. I feel wet tears stain through my shirt. Her body starts to tremble. I stroke her hair softly and rub her back.

"What did I do?" She asks. Then she pulls back. Her face is wet and covered in fresh tears. I wipe them away with my finger

"Nothing Kat. You've done nothing wrong whatsoever."

She shakes her head. I bring her back into my embrace she starts to relax. Her breathing is rapid. That concerns me she needs the calm down.

**********

We walk to my house. I don't know how I'm gonna let her go. Go to that house with that wretched mother of hers. I hold Kat's hand the whole way. She has a sad expression on, and I can tell that she's thinking. I think I have an idea what she's thinking about too. When we get through the door she puts her bag down then sits on the couch. She buries her hands in her face, then groans in frustration.

"Kat I can tell your mom got to you, do you wanna talk about it?" I ask awkwardly.

She smiles at me. "Its just...she blames me for my dad leaving us." She crosses her arms. I didn't expect her to tell me.

"Kat, that wasn't your fault."

"But...what if it was? What if she's right." She says quietly. I pull her onto my lap.

"Kat you need to stop blaming yourself about something your parents did. Why would he leave because of you?" Kat do sent say anything. I hope she came to reason.

"Your right." She sighs.

"Aren't I always." I say. She laughs. Kat has such a cute laugh, it really has an effect on me. She lays her head on my chest.

**********

"Let's order out!" Kat squeals. She such a girl.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"Uhh, pizza?" She asks. I really don't care, I just want some food.

"Sure. You talk to the pizza guy because...ya know." She nods and grabs her cell phone from her bag. Kat orders pizza, she seems like her normal self again. Which relieves me.

Later we decide to watch a movie or something. I'm glad Kat has settled down. It hurts me to see her unhappy and hurt. I can't stand that. Her mom, I officially hate. She's terrible, getting drunk then abusive. Ugh bitch. When the pizza arrived Kat dug in. I laugh.

"What? I'm hungry." She says innocently.

"I can see that." I laugh then I dig in too.

"So Kat..."

"Hmm?" She looks at me.

"How long you plan on staying here?"

"Is the weekend okay?" She asks.

"Well, I'd like you to stay longer, but it's your decision." I chuckle.

"I know I wish I could but its the last week anyways so I might as well go."

I wrap my arms behind her on her belly. Then I whisper in her ear. "Or you could just say with me."

"That'd be so nice." She giggles.

***********

By ten Kat starts to get sleepy, and so do I. I'm a little worried if she'll sleep in my bed or not. I won't try anything and we've done it before.

"Time for my favorite activity! Sleep." She cheers. Why does she have to be so cute?

"Okay...well like are you- are you gonna sleep-" I couldn't seem to talk right. I was getting really nervous.

"What's wrong?" She raises her eyebrow.

"Umm where...where are you gonna s-sleep tonight?" I stutter. God I'm so embarrassed. I feel my cheeks burn up. So I avert my gaze to the ground.

"With you duh." She says.

"O-okay."  I stutter again. Why does she have this affect on me.

"I have to change." She takes out her clothes out of her bag then goes to the bathroom.

I change out of my killing clothes and put on a pair of sweatpants and leave my shirt off. I don't like sleeping in my shirt.

She comes out of the bathroom in Sophie shorts and a black V-neck.

She rubs her eyes. "It was a long day" she makes herself at home and gets into the bed. I slide in the covers and  hold her in my arms. She sighs of relief.

"You can sleep now, you must be pretty tired anyways." I kiss her temple, then she slowly closes her eyes. My heart starts to beats fast again. Why does this always happen when I'm with her? What is this girl doing to me? I think I...I might love her. I would be way to scared to say it though. After a couple of minutes, I think Kat is asleep.

"Kat." I whisper. She doesn't answer, I assume she's asleep. I gather up all my courage that I have and whisper,

"I love you."

Her eyes flutter slowly open. Her eyes are still tired, but she looks at me with warm eyes. "I love you too, Toby."

"B-but how did you...I thought you we-" I stuttered until I got interrupted by her lips that pressed against mine. My cheeks are burning from embarrassment. She pulls away and chuckles.

"There's no need for to get embarrassed." She pokes my cheek. I shake her off.

"I'm not." Kat closes her eyes, and goes to sleep. I follow her lead, and begin to fall into a deep slumber.