Part 12

Toby leaves my room and I feel utterly alone again. I wish he could sleep in my bed. Wow I sound like a whore. I shake my desires off. My mom comes in and she looks about halfway drunk.

"Hey Katrina!" She slurs.

"Uh hi!" I try to sound happy.

"Me and what's his name- Mike are gonna go to the bars." She laughs.

"Mom is he sober?" I cross my arms. She nods and I sneak a peak behind her. He seems perfectly fine. "Take care of my mom." I say. He nods his head, and I get a little worried. She leaves with him and I hope she's careful. I stretch my arms I'm tired and tomorrow is Thursday. Pre- Friday,I like to call it. I go to sleep as Jeff would say. I close my eyes and drift off into a deep slumber.

I wake up at 2:49 at night. I hear someone open my front door. I'm really scared so I grab my small pocket knife. It starts to get painfully quiet and my jaw starts to tremble uncontrollably. I walk downstairs gently. I hear footsteps walk in. Could this be a breakthrough? Could it be Jeff? I suddenly tense up, I'm terrified. If I survive this I'll be sitting bricks for a month! I finally see two tall figures in the living room. Its my mom and that guy. Ugh they got me scared for no reason! Whatever I go back upstairs. I have school tomorrow and of course she wakes me up with her boyfriend. I slip back into bed. I realize how hollow my bed is. I frown I miss Toby. Am I needy? I just guess I really like him. I yawn then close my eyes. I'm tired.

******

I get up with my alarm beeping, then I get dressed and ready for school. I hate school, its like hell for kids. I sigh. I make it to school on time. Sadly. Manda greets me with a smile on her face. I return mine

"So, Kat."

"What?" I ask.

"Nancy said she saw a cute guy with you, I want details now!" She demands. I laugh.

"Well, he's a friend I guess." I try to walk but she steps in front of me. Hands on her hips.

"Nu-uh girl you have to tell me."

"Fine." I sigh. She smiles. "At first he was a friend...then we kissed and-" she squealed when I said kiss.

"Little Kat is in love!"

"I am not!" I pouted, but I could not keep a straight face.

"Don't deny it. What's his name. I have to meet him."

When she says meet him. I avert my gaze. I don't know if she wants to meet a Axe murderer. She would probably think I'm insane, or just desperate. The thing is I'm not desperate. Yes, he is a killer, but he can be sweet, cute, and protective. Who says that's a bad thing? Not me for sure!

Then I get the feeling that I'm being watched. I quickly pause all words that could come through my mouth. She looks confused. "I'll tell you later, okay?" I say sweetly.

"Fine, only this time. Now I want the whole freaking story." She skips away.

Then I feel someone grab my waist from behind. I look behind me to see Toby smirking at me. "Kidnapping me, eh?" I smile.

"No. Just visiting." He smirks. Why is he so happy?

"Why you so happy?" I blurt out.

"I can hear you talking about me. What were you gonna say?" He asks in a cocky tone.

"Uhh nothing. What should I say to her?" I catch him off guard.

"Not sure, say anything just don't tell her I'm an Axe murderer." I laughed then nodded my head.

"I wasn't going to!" I say.

"Good, she'll probably sell you out." He sighed.

"She wouldn't she would just r

Think I'm insane." I said.

"Yeah that's what I mean, she'll call the asylum, then they could lock you up." I just nodded I wanted to change the subject.

"So what are you gonna do today?" I ask.

He shrugged. "I don't know...kill something." He mumbled the last part.

"Really, Toby. Really?" I cross my arms. He really shouldn't be killing innocent people.

"Sorry kitty Kat, that's just who I am." He shrugs and smiles. I roll my eyes. He was probably normal once. Then again I haven't heard the story about him. I decide not to ask him, I'll just do some internet stalking. Tehe. After our little chat the bell goes off. I let out a usual ugh.

"I have to go to hell- I mean class." He laughs. Then nods. He hugs me then kisses me. I return the kiss then head off to class. When I start walking off to class I feel something burning in the back off my head. I turn around. Toby is still standing there.

"Shoo." I wave my hand in a go-away manner.

"I think I'll explore." He says mischievously. I shake my head and laugh.

"Okay, just don't kill anyone." I tease.

"No promises." He smiles than walk away slowly. I roll my eyes and head back to class.

*******

During math Isabelle kept giving me the evil eye. You know when girls always say 'if you have something to say, say it to my face'. Well that is not a problem with Isabelle. I just ignore her even though I want to tell her off. She's been burned by me two times why doesn't she just give up? Oh that's right because she's a heartless bitch. Haha, I'm nice! When math ends Isabelle comes up to me while I'm gathering my stuff.

"Listen Kat, why are you ignoring me all the time?" She asked this like were friends.

"Uh, because I don't like you." I say honestly.

"Why not?"

"You bully me almost everyday why wouldn't I hate you." I say.

"Well I'm sorry."

"Whatever." I leave her standing there. Why is she sorry? She's just now gotten a conscious. I have a feeling that I know who's behind this, and I'm going to get them.