Part 13

Toby's P.O.V

Kat's gonna be pissed at me! I laugh aloud just thinking about it. I sent that little bitch Isabelle a death note! I could've done worse I could've just killed her but I didn't. I sent her a letter that says if she messes with Kat again I'll kill her. She looked terrified when she read the note. I had to sustain my laughter. She deserves it though, Kat almost killed herself because of her. They say I'm evil. Pshh.

************

When Kat gets out of school I stand by the gate were she walks home.

"You!" She points at me. She looks pissed off just as I said. I put hands up in surrender. "Did you blackmail Isabelle."

"No, I would never." I say sarcastically. She hits my shoulder. "Ow! Damn you got an arm."

"I told you not to do anything." She yells while we walk. I stuff my hands in my pocket.

"Don't worry I didn't hurt her. It was just a note."

"That's not the point, I can handle her by myself."

"There's nothing wrong with a little help. I don't get why your that mad about it." She stops and looks me dead in the eye.

"Because your so much better than that." She turns her back and walks away. What does that mean? Better than what? Then my death notes? Kat you are so confusing. I don't even get why I like her I just do. I let her cool, I run off then go to my house. I don't understand her sometimes. She hates Isabelle right? Then why not get rid of her. It would be so easy, I could do it like that! I sigh, maybe I shouldn't have done that. Like Ben would say. Ugh, why must I screw up all the time. I have to remember that Kat's not like me, not like other girls, Kat's just...Kat. Now i really miss her. I want my kitty Kat! That's probably why I like her so much. I usually don't ever get emotionally attached to anyone. Maybe it's because she didn't try anything with me, she didn't fear me. If anything she wanted me to kill her. But I wasn't going to do that.

"God, I'm dumb." I instantly regretted my choice. I'm not that smart. Damn right!

Kat's P.O.V

I can't believe him! He can't just do things that could get him in trouble. I mean yeah he has done them many times before but still. I'm not trying to be a bitch, but I know that he is better than this. Toby is a killer, ah hell he's Ticci Toby. He is a killer, who hasn't gotten caught yet. Still I couldn't live with myself if he got caught because of my problems. Plus I think he's better than that. I feel that he doesn't have to kill people to feel good. Instead he can be strong and ignore other peoples ignorance. He can choose to do that, but no. No, he has to kill someone if they piss him off. That's not how someone should live. I sigh aloud. I flop onto my bed and moan into my pillow.

"Ugh." I hear my muffled voice.

I'm tired I should really go to sleep. I lay down and pull the covers over my body. I curl into a ball. I feel so empty and...alone. I start to think about Toby. He piques my emotions so much. I don't know why I've had a couple of boyfriends in my life. Nothing serious though. They always end up leaving me or breaking up with me. So I get scared with guys. I don't want any guy to leave me. Like when my dad left my mom for another women. It broke her heart, she couldn't eat she couldn't sleep. Half the time she was depressed. Then she turned to comfort. Drinking. She tried to drink my dad away, then party all night to not think of him. I cant blame her though.

After about an hour in bed I get up. I wander downstairs there's nothing to do.

Toby...

I really miss you. I can't stop thinking about him. Did I overact? Is he mad at me? Now I start to worry. I have a bad tendency to get paranoid about little things. I look out the window, the sun is setting. I shouldn't feel bad about yelling, but I do.

My mom comes out of her room yawning. "What's wrong, Katrina?"

"Nothing, mom." I get up. I really don't want to talk to her right now. She shrugs me off. Like always. I go up to my room. I see my window open up. I suppress my smile, I'm supposed to be mad at Toby. He crawls through the window then stands up when he's in my room.

"Kat I'm... Sorry." He looks down. His goggles are rested on his forehead. His mask is below his chin.

"For?" I push on.

"Black mailing that...little bitch." He mumbles the last part. I chuckle. He looks up at me with pleading eyes. "I really mean it though...even the bitch part."

I laugh. Even when apologizing he has a cute sense of humor. "Oh, I can't stay mad at you." I smile.

"Good because I don't like it when your mad at me." He smiles.

"And I don't like being mad at you." I put my arms around his neck. He pulls me close to him then embraces me tightly. I can hear his heart beat. The perfect thing about him is that he is like perfect height for me. I'm only 5'3 and I think he is 5'6 or 5'8. So we're just perfect height for each other. He kisses my cheek. I laugh, he's so cute.  He holds me closer to him.

"So what have you been doing today?" He asks.

"Going to school." I say slowly.

"Oh yeah. Dumb question." He shook his head.

"What about you?" I ask.

"I went to school too, but I didn't learn a thing." He laughed.

"Lucky. One more week." I sigh.

"Until what?" He tilts his head.

"End of junior year!" I smile. He looks relieved.

"Thank god, I get so bored without you around." He leans in and puts his forehead against mine. I smile.

"Yeah, I'm happy I don't have to go to school."

"Who wouldn't be? Anyone would want to escape that hell." He laughs. I start to get excited just talking about the subject.

Boom boom...boom boom

My heart skips beats, because Toby starts to kiss me a lot. I get nervous but I return his kisses. That electricity runs through my body again. What is that? Is that natural? Is there something wrong with me? I pull away and look at him. His brown eyes are alive and he looks happy. That warms my heart (I know that sounds really cheesy). I cup my palms on his cheeks.

"Whatcha doing?" He asks cutely.

I laugh. "Nothing, I don't know I'm weird."

He holds onto my wrist. I let go but he doesn't. He intertwines his fingers with mine. I feel like any other teenage girl with her boyfriend. Wait boyfriend? I have never confirmed our complicated relationship. I start to wonder.

"Uh, Toby?" I ask.

"Yeah?"

"What- like what are we...relationship wise?" I ask awkwardly.

"Oh-um...well you could- Uhh." He stutters. I laugh at how cute he is. "Oh, don't laugh."

"Okay..I'm sorry." I sigh.

"Well I guess your my...girlfriend." He averts his gaze from me. His cheeks are bright pink.

"Your so cute when you blush!" I laugh and take his chin in my hands. He shakes me off which makes me laugh even more.

"Say it." He says seriously. That stops my laughter immediately. Say what?

"What?" I ask.

"Say what I am to you."

"Uhh...my...boyfriend." I say quietly.

"I can't hear you." He points at his ear.

"Your my boyfriend!" I yell. He laughs and pulls me close to him.

"Exactly." He says slyly.