| f i f t y - t h r e e |

I felt my eyes flutter open, and the weight that was on them made me want to close them right away but I heard a voice scream.

"She's awake! Doctor! She's up!" My eyes darted towards the unfamiliar voice feeling the fear consuming my body made it hard to move. He ran out before I had the chance to ask his name, but he ran back in just ask quickly followed by a bunch of doctors.

"Olivia?" The doctor in the front asked, who's Olivia?

The doctors faces remains the same-as for the boy who screamed that I was awake, well he didn't look to pleased when I didn't respond to the name Olivia.

"Who is Olivia?" I asked.

"Do you know where you are?" the same doctor spoke up, ignoring my question. I shook my head no, and he nodded, continuing on. "You are in McAdam Memorial Hospital. Do you know why you are here?" he asked, again I shook my head. "Well, something very rare happened to yo-"

"Where is my mom?" I asked, catching them off guard.

The boy who yelled, face falls, and he goes pale.

"Where is she?" I ask again.

"Olivia," the boy spoke gently moving closer to me.

I back as far away from him as possible into the corner of the bed, refusing to meet his gaze. "Why do you keep calling me that!" I shout causing him to tense and slowly back away. Pain grew in his eyes as he kept his gaze on the floor. "Please, just go get my mom!" I begged.

"You don't know remember?" the boy asks, the doctor sends him a warning glare. The boy ignored his glare, as he kept his gaze on the floor.

"We disgusted not telling her anything." The doctor said.

"She needs to know, she is asking for her for god sake!" The boy screamed.

I looked back and forth between the two before speaking once again, "Where is my mother?"

"Olivia, she passed away." The boy spat out, face showing regret.

I couldn't even yell at him about calling me Olivia again, because the lump grew in my throat making it hard to even breathe. I wanted to cry but he met my eyes, and I could see the pain he felt by telling me. I don't know who he is, but in some way I feel connected to him.

"She is going to back into shock if you don't stop!" The doctor yelled running to my side, checking my heart monitor.

I locked eyes with the boy and he frowned, but hesitantly moved to my side. I didn't back away, I stayed put as placed his hand on mine. "You won't remember anything for awhile, as the doc told me earlier. All you need to know is your name is Olivia, my name is Alex and I am going to be by your side through all of this."

"Through all of what?" I asked.

Alex looked at the doctor, nodding for him to explain.

"Well, what happened to you was you had an ear infection, and a fever. Your fever spiked severely high too quickly which is what made you go into a seizures. As for your memory I am not sure how that happened, maybe you hit your head during the seizure and it set something off but it is very rare. It is something that doesn't happen often, but when it does its very unlikely that you will get your memories back," I frowned, and Alex's grip on my hand tightened as he rubbing his thumb around somehow in an odd way calming me slightly. "It is going to take time, but I am going to do everything I can to help you with your memory." Alex gives me a small smile, but the pain shows in his eyes.

What is it about this boy that seems to familiar?

Alex's point of view:

*Hour two of Olivia being in the hospital*

I sighed, running my hands through my hair. I can't help but think the worst; what if she dies? I argued with myself in my head to stop thinking that but the worst is the only thing I can do she was always the one to talk me down when I was thinking badly. I don't know what I would do. I am so sure I could never love anyone the way I love her, the though of loosing her brings me sick to my stomach. The worst is not knowing, sitting in this waiting room by myself. We aren't at home so mom isn't close by to come and comfort me, Carlos is in the hotel room probably asleep. I don't know what to do.

"Sir?" A doctor comes out, causing me to stand.

"Uhm yes?" I ask, eager—yet—dreadful to know the news.

"Are you here with Olivia Scott?" He questioned.

"Yes, is there any news?"

He frowns, "Is her mother here? Her dad?"

"Her mom died and her dad isn't in the picture. Her aunt is her legal guardian and we're on tour right now so she's all the way back home. Please, I'm the only one she has right now. What is happening?" I begged.

He looked at me with sympathetic eyes, "let me contact her aunt and I'll see if she allows me to tell you anything," he says ready to turn around and leave.

"Wait, I have her number if you'd like?" I question.

"Yes, actually I would. It would save me some trouble. Thank you."

authors note:

Don't hate me.