| t w e n t y - f i v e |

edited: January 13th, 2019.
olivias' point of view:

2 and a half months later*

It's been exactly 72 days since my Mom passed away. Something like that is really hard to loose track of, and when I tell you it doesn't ever get easier. It's no joke. I wake up almost everyday feeling as if a brick is constantly being pushed down on my chest. It's been 85 days since I've last seen her smile. Last heard her voice. Last joked with her about being home on time. Today is the day I see her for the last time in person. It's her funeral. It's taken me awhile to finally schedule one. Deep down I thought that if I kept pushing it off it wouldn't really be happening, but the truth of the matter is she's gone.

"You look beautiful," Alex said wrapping his arms around my waste, as I examine myself in the mirror.

I wrapped an arm around his head that was placed in the crook of my neck. "My mom would of loved you. I'm so sad you won't ever get the chance to meet her," I said hearing my voice crack, as a tear slowly fell down my face.

"I know. I know," he frowned, rocking us back and forth a bit.

"Olivia, its time to go," Aunt Sarah said popping her head into my room.

I nodded, whipping away my tear.

"I'll be right by your side, I'm not going anywhere," he whispers, placing a kiss on my cheek.

I turned around to face him, "I love you," I said giving him a small smile.

"I love you," he said quickly pecking my lips.

He grabbed my hand leading me down to the car, Aunt Sarah had already started it and the warmth quickly hit me as I sat down inside.

"Do you have your speech?" She asked.

"Yep, right here," I said pointing to my head, "I'm better at talking in the moment," I said putting my seat belt on.

"Okay, just wanted to make sure," she said as she started to back up.

Aunt Sarah has taken full custody of me. The day after mom's passing, she went down to the courthouse to get everything she needed. The only problem was, my dad. It took almost a full month to track him down, thankfully we did find him and he agreed to let her be my guardian. We moved into my house. I'm still to this day not sure why; maybe to make me feel more comfortable, maybe so Aunt Sarah feels closer to her sister. Truthfully I don't know but I'm honestly glad I can feel more at home because, well it is my home.

The day is really here. I find myself staring at the church, not wanting to move. "Baby," I jumped at the sound of Alex's voice, "You alright?"

"I uh, yeah.. yeah. I'm okay," I said stepping out of the car next to him.

"Well your not, no need to lie to me," he said wrapping an arm around my shoulder, "You got this," he said rubbing up and down my arm. I seriously, have no idea what I would do without him. I walk in and instantly feel my stomach twist, my mom is right across the room.

"I don't know if I can do this," I said feeling my tears in my eyes.

"Uhm, Sarah can you go in? I'm going to talk to Liv real quick," Alex said pulling me aside.

"I-I can't go in there, I can't. Everyone's going to say, aw I'm so sorry for your loss, blah blah this that. I cannot stand there and listen to that, I'm going to loose it even more. Alex i—"

"Olivia, look at me," he said grabbing my face with both of his hands, "Breathe," he said calmly. I took a deep breathe, keeping my eyes locked on his, "Good, now listen to me. I can't even imagine how hard this is for you. I really wish I could take all this pain away from you, because I would do it in a fucking heartbeat, but you know what you're going to do? You're going to walk in there, with me at your side. You're going to have to listen to people's bs I'm sorry for your loss shit," he said, mocking my tone from earlier, earning a small chuckle from me. "And you're going to make it through today, because baby this is just the second worst day of your life. You've already made it through her passing, right in front of you. You are so strong and I am so proud of you," he said, his eyes filling up with tears.

"Stop, don't make me cry even more," I said pulling him into a hug. "But I love you.."

"I love you, now let's go. We don't want Aunt Sarah to deal with all the I'm sorry for you loss shit alone," he said dragging me to the doors.

"Oh god, you're right," I joked.

As soon as I turned the corner a felt like I had just gotten punched in the gut, "Hi Olivia."

"What are you doing here, Dad?"

authors note:

we love a cliff hanger :))

but yes her mom died🥺