| f i v e |

edited: january 10th, 2019.
olivias' point of view:

        "Did I tell you he asked me ou—"

        "Olivia, please stop talking about fucking Alex. I get it, you're proud of yourself for talking to him in the food court and it paying off," she mimics. "Congrats! Do you want a mother fucking cookie? Like he's famous for god sake, do you really think in the end you're going to end up together?" Diana spat, leaving me slightly stunned.

        I didn't let the disappointment show on my face, although my heart felt like it dropped through the floor. "I-uhm oh, uh yeah sure," I couldn't really find the right words. "You're right. Sorry," I said quietly. "I probably should head home, you know how my mom gets," I said forcing a chuckle.

       Di glares at me, "Come on Liv, I didn't mean it like that. Let me drive you home."

         I nodded my head, forcing a smile, "No! I know, I know. I just gotta make it home before curfew. I could use some fresh air, see you later. Thanks for the offer. Love you," I said quickly making it out before I cried in front of her.

        I quickly made my way down the hallway, thanking her mom for having me over on the way out.

        I found the fresh air to actually be helpful. I've always loved Diana's neighborhood. It was always lit up because of decorations her neighbors keep up all year long, and the only sound you can hear for miles is crickets.

        My curfew was a lie. After getting home on time last week mom pushed it back until 11, giving me right now about 2 and a half hours to walk home when in reality it was only a 15 minute walk.

        I picked up my phone, only wanting to hear one voice right now. "Hey," I said quietly.

       "What's up? You sound bummed?"

"Aw is Alex talking to his whittle boo thang," I let out a soft giggle hearing Carlos in the background.

        Alex groans, before attempting to cover his phone. "Shut the fuck up you pussy ass bitch," Alex spat back. "Sorry bout that Liv, Carlos was being a dumbass, so are you okay?" He asked his voice softening as he talked to me.

        "Eh kind of."

       "What's that noise? Where are you?" He asked shortly after a car drove by.

        "Walking home from Di's, it's only a 15 minute walk."

       "Why do you have an early curfew again?" He questioned.

       "Nah, she was just snapping on me left and right. I just had to get out of there, my curfew got pushed back to 11." I said, keeping the statements she said tucked into the back of my head.

        "You're walking by yourself?" Alex said, the concern still in his voice.

       I felt a smile form on my lips. "I walk home from her house all the time by myself, I just really needed to get out of there."

        "I can pick you up, and we can chill for a little? It might make you feel better," he asked sounding hopeful.

       "If you want too, what about Carlos?" I said the butterflies coming back.

       "Yea, me you and Carlos can just chill here and watch Netflix or something, I'll come get you."

         "Fuck man, I don't wanna third wheel," Carlos whined in the background.

       "Shut up you little bitch. Liv can you stay on the phone with me until I pick you up?" I felt the butterflies grow into a whole zoo, and my heart swell knowing he just wanted to know sure I was okay.

        "Yea, I'll send you my location," I said quickly sharing it.

       "Okay good, I'll be there soon, be careful please."

authors note:

i thought this was kind of cute :')

thanks for the support on this book i love yous :)