| t w e n t y - f o u r|

edited: January 13th, 2019.
olivias' point of view:

"Alex! Olivia!" Aunt Sarah screamed, making me jump quickly off my bed.

"Yea?" I questioned back.

"Time to head to the hospital!" She shouted back, "I'll be in the car."

"Hm," I frowned grabbing my jacket.

"What's up?" Alex asked, taking my jacket from my hand and helping me put it on.

"I have a really bad gut feeling something bad is going to happen today."

"What do you mean?" He asked slowly leading me towards the door.

"I just feel like somethings gunna happen," he sighed turning off the light switch.

"Think positive babe," he frowned, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"I know I know, I'll try."

"That's my girl," he smiled, wrapping one arm around my waste as we walked out to the car.

"I think it's been more than we normally accept, and it's around the time that we unplug her ventilator," the doctor whispers.

"Since when does she have a ventilator? What does that mean?" I asked feeling the panic grow quickly.

Aunt Sarah jumps at my presents, her face softening when she looks at me, "Olivia sweetie, that means they're going to see if your mom can breathe on her ow—"

"I know what a ventilator is, why does she have one?!" I said hearing the crack in my voice.

"Remember that day you went home to get a shower with your friends?" She asked, shame all in her voice, I nodded feeling the tears rolling slowly down my cheek, "She almost died. They brought her back but kept her on the ventilator for precautions. She seemed okay, I didn't want to worry you."

I backed up, walking into Alex, "Olivia," he said quietly.

"This is all my fault," I choked out. "I should of been here," I said feeling the guilt.

"No, stop," Alex said wrapping me up in a hug, "It would of happened either way, you just weren't here to see it. Which probably would of been even worse for you," he spoke as he drew small circles on my back that always seemed to calm me, expect for now.

"I'm so sorry honey, I was just doing what I thought was best for you," Aunt Sarah said with as a tear slowly fell down her face.

"I'll come back in a little while to talk things over," the doctor awkwardly said, finding her way to the door quickly.

"It's okay," I sighed. "It really wouldn't of changed anything," I said keeping my hold on Alex, "I just wish I knew."

"I know, I know. I'm so sorry," she said sitting down, with her head in her hands.

"It's okay, it really is," I sighed, letting go of Alex.

I walked over to mom and took a deep breath, "Hey Mom, I'm not really sure how this goes, or if you can even hear me right now but I want you to know I love you. If you're in pain, please don't think you need to suffer for me. If you want to go, it's okay," I sniffed, placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

authors note:

another 1k views since the last time i updates<33 ilys