Chapter Forty

Yet another day at school. Elisabeth Simpson. The ugliest of them all. Approaches Lukas. The perfect of them all.

"Would you take in someone who wronged you before?" She asks. "I forgave you even before you thought of coming back." He says. For in his heart he has nothing. Except for her.

Yet at the same time. John Jackson goes to Amber William. She. The one soaked in tears. The one consumed by heartbreak. Shattered to her ego.

"I am sorry for leaving." He tells her. But she does not want to listen. She is fed up. She is fed up. She leaves him. To speak to himself. She does not want him. Not after knowing what he can do.

"When you are ready come back. I'll be waiting." John Jackson says.

Yet again with Elisabeth and Lukas. Lukas asks. "Did you break up with him?"

"Yes." She says. "He's not at all what I need."

"So what do you want?" He asks. "I don't know what I want." She says. "I wish I could make you happy." He tells her.

"I'm not sad." She says.

"You just don't know how much I love you." He says. She wishes to tell him. Of how much she does not feel the same. Same as he feels.

But she does not want to break his heart. For she sees how weak he is.

"I hope one day I understand." She says.