Chapter Six

At lunchtime. It is where the truth is seen. Rather more than told.

For the ugliest of them all. Elisabeth Simpson. Sits alone. At the furthest. The furthest corner of the dining hall. Used to it. She already is. And the whole world does not see her.

Another her table. Just for two. Miles Willson. And Amber William. We all know why. All are separated. For the blind reason. That all are 'different'.

But today. Today a new boy sits amongst them. He is the one. Perfect of them all.

And he asks. "Why does she sit alone?" His eyes fixed onto her. The ugliest of them all. "Because she is. The ugliest of them all." Miles Willson says.

"Then why you too? You are not ugly. Yet you sit alone." Lukas Scottville asks. "I chose love. Out of the rest of the world. I was once the cutest of them all. But after loving the darkest of them all. They all fled. For this world is filled with darkness which man has caused upon himself." Miles Willson says.

"But her! She is not the ugliest of them all!" Lukas Scottville. The perfect of them all says. "Then your eyes are blind and your mind is corrupted." Amber William says.

"What a shame! The darkest of them all. Who are you to judge beauty? Yet you cry for others to accept your difference. While all the same you cannot embrace theirs. I will sit with her. The rest can say what they say." Lukas Scottville says.

"The day you do so will be the darkest day of your life. You will fade in the eyes of all men and become like her." Miles Willson says.

"She was never born to suffer." Lukas Scottville says. Bitterness sinking at the core of his heart. At the core of his soul. As he eyes her.

The ugliest of them all.