Chapter Twenty Six

Days fly past fast. And time ticks away. To find Lukas Scottville. The perfect of them all. Under Pertson Bridge.

He sits there alone with his guitar. Him and his music. Staring at the waters. Beautiful waters giving in to the sunshine.

And just when he starts to sing. Elisabeth Simpson. The ugliest of them all. Creeps behind him unnoticed.

From where she is. The perfect of them all sings well. His voice is beautiful. Like the voice of Angels. She loves it. And she feels it in her blood.

"Hey!" She stops the music. He did not want her to hear him sing. But she tells him he sings well. And she sits next to him. Just to hear him sing.
He sings well. He is beautiful when singing. He makes the world seem alive when he sings. He sings of the birds in the sky. Of the waters below. The blue of the sky. And the beauty of love found within.

Then he turns to her. The ugliest of them all. Frozen in emotion by his song. To tell her why he called her.

"I told you. I know someone who can change your life." He says. She asks who it is. She wants to know how her life might change.

"I have an uncle. His name is Tom. The craftiest of them all. He can make anyone and anything beautiful." He says. And gives her Uncle Tom's card.

"Go to him. Tonight. And by dawn you will be the most beautiful of them all."

Elisabeth Simpson. The ugliest of them all. She is not sure whether to do it. But her body deceives her. That she has had enough. Enough of this torture.

So she makes up her mind. She is going to him.

To Uncle Tom.