Chapter Twenty Four

Miles Willson. The cutest of them all. He was an orphan all through. The guardian who pays for his fee. Has noted it. That Miles was expelled.

His name is Mr. Prescort. The kindest of them all. And he kicks Miles Willson out. Out of his home. Out of his heart. He has no more kindness to show. Even to a boy who never showed kindness to him.

And to the streets he goes. The cutest of then all. Miles Willson. In his heart. Is a thousand heartbreaks. A thousand tears. They all need to be healed. The wounds in his heart.

He allowed himself. To love too soon. He allowed his anger. To carry him around. Now he faces the sunset. Somewhere away. From where he called home.

He misses the school. Winnbell High. He misses the school. There are many schools out here at the city. The city of Pertson. But most choose the countryside. That one school at the countryside. Winnbell High School.

Now there no more. From far he sees her. Amber William. She walks home. She is the happiest girl in the world. As John Jackson. The worst of them all. Walks by her side. Holds her hand.

It burns his heart. He wishes he had not seen them. And as darkness draws in. This is the first night at the streets. There are shadows everywhere. People rushing home.

He has never seen this dark side of life before. The cold of the night. Cuts deep into his bone. It shreds his soul into pieces. He finds a dark alley. That's where he will spend the night.

For tonight is the longest night of all. There is no bed for him. Neither is there any pillow.