Chapter Seventeen

The next day. When the sun rises. The perfect of them all. Rises with it.

At the back of his mind. He hopes that this. That this will be a beautiful day. But first he has to struggle. With the fights at the table. At the morning table.

He knows where he will find peace. At school. Where he always finds peace.

But when he reaches. He does not believe his eyes. Even when he steps through the main gate. No one sees him. Even when everyone saw him before.

And at the halls. No one sees him. He has gone invisible. Just like he was promised. By that one girl. The meanest of them all.

Ahead is Elisabeth Simpson. The girl. And the only person who sees him.

"You did this to me!" He says. Turning red with fury. His anger boiling up within him.

"Did what?" She asks. She does not know of what he speaks of.

"You turned me invisible! Thanks to your ugliness!" He feels. As though his whole world is gone. As though banished from existence.

"But you said you love me! Love does not scream as you do." She tells him. "I know what it is like. But I would never do that to someone."

"I can't believe it! Is this how you thank someone for giving you all he has?" He asks. "It makes sense why you are alone! Your heart is as ugly as your face!"

And he storms away. With a certain wrath in him. He promises himself. Never to speak to her again. He promises to his heart. To hate her for life.

When he enters the class. His heart is crushed. For away is his desk. At the back of the class. And he can't take it. Even believe it. That now he is.

He is one like her.