Chapter Twenty Eight

On a beautiful Sunday. A Sunday so beautiful. Lukas Scottville. The perfect of them all. And Elisabeth Simpson. The ugliest of them all. They had set to meet. Under that very bridge.

Lukas Scottville. The perfect of them all. Walks down to the bridge. And there he sees. What he never expected he would ever see. A girl with blonde hair. Shining in the sun. Like gold.

A flowered dress. Light like the wind. To show her body. Her beautiful flowered body. He does not see her face. For she faces the river. Showing her back to him.

And there by the river. She sits reciting. Reciting one of her poems. And her voice is beautiful. More beautiful than the singing of the roses. He never knew she could recite. Even this beautifully.

"Hey beautiful voice?" He calls. From behind her. She stands. Without showing him her face. Then turns.

"Did you mean beautiful... Face?" Her looks catch him before the words. So early that he doesn't get the words.

She is an angel! A goddess of beauty! She is the beauty of the rising and the setting sun. She is the beauty of the stars in the night sky. She has her blue eyes. Like the sky without the clouds. Or a deep ocean.

Her face is smooth. And softer than wool has ever been. Her hair is golden. More under the face of the sun. And that smile is paralytic. Lukas drowns. In an endless bottomless pit of desire.

She runs to him. The ugliest of them all. And hugs him tight. Tight in her arms. Tight in his arms. "Thank you." She cries. She is great full for this new beauty.

Him on his side. Has never felt of such soft skin. An emotion so warm. He wishes she was his. He wishes she felt what he feels.

When she turns away. Away from the hug. He looks into her eyes. And wants to do it. He wants to lean in. And even kiss her. He moves slow. Closer to her. Closer enough. To feel her breath on his face.

Less than an inch. Away from each other.

But she pulls back. She faces away. She cannot kiss him. No she cannot. And she reminds him. That they should only be friends.

It hurts his heart. But he wills to do anything. Anything to get close to her. And he will do whatever she says.

So he listens to her.

But there is more to beauty than what lies outside. Something she is soon to learn about. For the world has not yet seen her.

And her heart's journey has just begun. For a new life comes to her.